• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Why monitor boost?

scubieman

What would be the highest boost a stock 06 auto would see when pulling a total weight of a little over 19,000 lbs.?I am completely stock as I have heard our tranny won't take much more.Sorry wrong generation opened.

Should peak about 30-32 psi.

Thanks. My powerstroke (last diesel) began at 19.5 factory stock, in fifth over. After the ford dealer finished, I had only 13 lbs of boost, made mods and added a programer to get up to 17 boost.

• 1 month later...
Guest jaffspage

Increase includes footwear and clamps that can sometimes flow. With a evaluate you will see what is not regular right away and be able to fix it before a garden hose might strike off and keep you seated on the side of the street. I have most factors and an improvement evaluate is near the top of my record. ___________ Download online non-fiction books

• 3 months later...

I drive with my boost guage. Max boost is 100% power. At 75% boost my auto trans will shift down with a 17K load. If I am pulling a little rise, I may back out to keep the trans from downshifting as it will only up shift after the hill and that wasts fuel. They are much cheaper than a pyro and tell you more about power usage. My last old antique 1991 can only handle 60% boost for an extended time before the trans will heat.

• Staff

I drive with my boost guage. Max boost is 100% power. At 75% boost my auto trans will shift down with a 17K load. If I am pulling a little rise, I may back out to keep the trans from downshifting as it will only up shift after the hill and that wasts fuel. They are much cheaper than a pyro and tell you more about power usage. My last old antique 1991 can only handle 60% boost for an extended time before the trans will heat.

That's only true if you don't have a wastegate in operation. With a wastegate you can hit max boost at less than max power. The boost gauge does show work better than an EGT gauge, but the pyro is just as important for motor longevity, if not more important.