• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Heaven

What a great day!!! Get home after a good day of work and what do I find????...........A "Three Stooges" marathon on the boob tube!!!!!! Started at 10:00AM and goes until 10:00PM. Gonna cook supper during the commercials!!! Don't get too much better than a good day of work, cold beer when you get home and a Stooges marathon!!!! And to think, I thought it was gonna be a crappy day when I rolled out of bed!!!!! LOL LOL :thumbsup

Just bolt a lazyboy to that 4 wheeler so your day isnt ruined. :thumbsup I haven't seen 3 stooges in a couple years `:( We only got channels that suck here.

ISX, I just recently put up a new antenna and bought a brand new TV. My old TV wasn't digital compatable, and it was on its last legs anyhow. After doing the research on digital; I ordered an antenna and all the parts. Took darn near a whole day to set it up and install everything. However, digital is the real deal as far a picture goes. It's even better than cable and satellite because the signals aren't compressed. I don't watch a lot of TV, so I ain't gonna pay for cable or satellite!!!!! Many stations in my parts now broadcast several signals with different programs on them. So I've got more channels now than I ever had!!! JFYI, if you want to go with an antenna, there is no such thing as a "Digital Antenna". The old antenna that your Mom and Dad used will pick up digital just fine as long as it's still connected!!! :smart

You are 100% correct. We got the basic channels on DISH + the HD crap which I have yet to see an "amazing picture" out of, even with a 42" HDTV LCD. My grandpa got a convertor box and that was my first experience with digital broadcast. He went from 5-6 channels to I think 15 channels. I had no idea digital meant you got 3-4 different variations of every single station. Think he gets 4 ABC's. So the other day I pulled out my bunny ears and threw them on the 42" and was stunned at the picture it produced. Just with a damn coax cable it looked better than the dish HD channels that are on component cables :wow You always hear about the true TV gurus talking about how digital wouldn't be worth a damn, would send signals only half as far, yadda yadda.. I can pick up digital crystal clear stuff even when the same channel's analog signal is still snowy. I still haven't convinced them to trash the dish though :rolleyesDish doesn't have a very good channel line-up on the basic package either.

You are 100% correct. We got the basic channels on DISH + the HD crap which I have yet to see an "amazing picture" out of, even with a 42" HDTV LCD. My grandpa got a convertor box and that was my first experience with digital broadcast. He went from 5-6 channels to I think 15 channels. I had no idea digital meant you got 3-4 different variations of every single station. Think he gets 4 ABC's. So the other day I pulled out my bunny ears and threw them on the 42" and was stunned at the picture it produced. Just with a damn coax cable it looked better than the dish HD channels that are on component cables :wow You always hear about the true TV gurus talking about how digital wouldn't be worth a damn, would send signals only half as far, yadda yadda.. I can pick up digital crystal clear stuff even when the same channel's analog signal is still snowy. I still haven't convinced them to trash the dish though :rolleyes Dish doesn't have a very good channel line-up on the basic package either.

Haha this is funny because my wife actually works for one of Disk Network's call centers and she constantly tells me about the customer complaints about their channel line up. Its not looking good for them right now as they are losing a lot of customers because they didn't want to pay the price increase to keep some channels.

I notice there is sometimes a major channel that stops working and says something like "we are working out a deal to get this channel back" because of Dish not paying that channel provider. I would much rather just pay $20/month and only get the 20 channels I want, which only 5 channels I want are on the basic package. I can see why Dish would be in trouble. I was at the license bureau yesterday and THAT would be the job to have for job security. LOL

• Owner

As a matter of fact I'm going to be yanking out my DirectTV soon. Like right now the only thing I turn it on for is the music (Top 40). Beyond that there isn't anything on there I like to watch. Well there is one thing but it snot worth it... Chinese Anime movies (English dubbed). :thumbsup I started collecting them off the internet... ;)