• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Want to add factory driving/fog light to my truck

Hello, I have a 98.5 quad cab LB 4x4 with the camper/towing package. It didn't come with the lights. I found the wires up underneath the bumper for them. Did they not put on from factory because of the tow package? And if possible can they be installed. I like the the ones on your truck Mopar Man but in my state they would give me trouble at inspection. Thanks,John

• Owner

Well if the wiring is there you can hook up to it but there is a few things missing...1. The inserts in the bumper are different. You would need the proper inserts for the stock lights.2. The headlight switch is different. You would need to pick up one out of a bone yard.3. Also most likely the fog lamp relay isn't present in the PDC box under the hood...So once you got this stuff you would have a stock set of lights... :thumbsup

John...The reason your 98.5 did not have them is because they must not have been ordered as they were available as my 98 12v 5spd has them.There is no difference in the inserts from fog to non-fog and the lights can be had yet from Ma Mopar,LMC Truck or Geno's Garage.As already stated you will need to relay for the PDC and the passenger air bag/fog light switch panel for the dash either from Ma Mopar or a good salvage yard.I have just done this to my sons truck and we got the lights from Geno's,the relay for the PDC from Ma Mopar and the needed switch assembly from a buddies salvage yard.The bumper inserts that were there did not need changed and the lights slipped in with no issues.........Good Luck......AndyP.S.-Moparman.....There I posted so you do not need to send me to the scrap heap,LOL.

My 01.5 came with the factory "fog lights". I've had real fog & driving lights in previous vehicles & the OEM lights are a joke. IMHO, they are only decorative. I know Geno's offers a kit to up lamp them but I don't know if that is suffient improvement. I'd like to find a real light that fit in there for a neat slick look...Russ

Guys, Thanks for the replies. I'm aware of needing the headlight switch and relay and actual lights. I have seen them in the LMC Catalog. But wasn't sure if they would work. When My Dad ordered his Dodges all top of the line SLT Laramie the one year I believe it was his 2000 his had the same set up and no lights either. I thouhgt maybe because of a bigger coolers up front for camper/towing package. I also was the understanding that it came in the lighting package I have running lights. Any was i might give it a try if not I'll have to go with another method. Plain and simple the lighting blows on these trucks.Thanks,John