• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Idleing ruff at times

I have a 98 24 valve.. Just put a new fuel filter,v44 and fuel pump in the tank carried it to the local dealer...the work was done about 1000 miles ago... Since that time i have noticed it ideling a little ruff sorta of like a plug wire sparking off.. even though it doesnt have wires or plugs.... at times it runs smoth as always seems like it happens more when it's raining i can't get it to show any error codes.....the truck is stock except for the silencer ring and straight exhaust pipe... can any opne shed some light on what could be wrong????

• Owner

Ok...

What's your fuel pressure like? Do you even have a fuel pressure gauge?

Posted Image

Here is another way of testing fuel pressure/volume...

http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/2ndgen24v/lift-pump-diag/lift-pump-diag.htm

Have you changed your fuel filter?

Usually all performance problems start out with a poor lift pump or weak fuel pressure...

Fuel was changed 1000 miles ago along with the fuel pump and the v 44 pump by the local crysler dealer... I would like to have a pressure guage steer me in the right direction what do i need and how do i install it....