• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Programming ECM

jlwelding

Itryed to install Smarty on my truck the other day and error code came up and would not let me program. So to check out smarty we installed on my buddy's truck and it took no problem. I am starting to think there might be a program already on ECM that might explain the smoke when I crank down on it. What reader do I need to identify whats on ecm?

• Staff

I talked to the previous owner of the truck today and he swears he never put a program in the truck. I found another Smarty and the guy said we can try it first, so I guess we'll try it again.

Have you updated the 1st Smarty yet? There were some ECM updates that the Smarty had to be re-programmed for. www.madselectronics.com But either way calling Bob wont hurt, he's a great guy. If you do call him be sure tell him I said the new Jr tune is great!

The guy said he did the updates the day before he left it with me. We even thought maybe he did something wrong, but he down loaded on his truck and it took just fine. It's got me baffled. I really need to get trans. fixed up with at least a valve body and exhaust, gauges. I am putting the cart before the wagon. Just tired of the low fuel mileage.

• 2 weeks later...