• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2011 clutch

dripley

my HVAC man has a 2011 dually with a 6 speed. we swapped today for a very short drive. when i stepped on the clutch i almost put the pedal to thru the floor board. i swear icould push it in with one finger. when i went to let it out i did not think it was going to come up. i just kept lifting my foot until it cmae up all the way amd with a big jerk off i went. the whole time i am wondering what he thinks about the way i drive. we get to the job and both get out. he is holding his leg and wondering how anybody can drive a truck with a clutch that pushes back like mine. we both had a good laugh about it. it was a very nice truck but the clutch is so soft it reminds me of a little compact car with a hydraulic clutch, not a big dually. never been a fan of a clutch that soft unless i get stuck in traffic the goes slower thatn 1st gear at idle.

so is it the oe pressure plate that is weak and causing the clutch to be so soft? i though ther might be something differant in the hydraulics giving it a better mechanical advantage. i would sure love to have one in my truck for traffic jams, but everyday driving it would drive me crazy.