• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

91 ignition wiring help

bjytech

Yesterday I had to go rescue my dad because the ignition in his truck went bad. He was checking out a roofing job and he got in his truck to leave and the key would not turn for anything, tried the spare key too and got the same result. So we took the steering column apart and fixed it so the steering wheel lock wouldn't lock the wheel up and then hot-wired the truck to get it home. Now on to what I need help with, Dad wants to keep using that truck, so till we can get the ignition fixed right I'm looking for a wiring diagram or something that will tell me what wires going to the ignition do what so I can wire something up so he can start it from in the truck and have the radio and everything. I've not had any luck so far with google.forgot to say that his truck is a 91 D350 without tilt steering if that matters at all.

why not just replace the ignition switch?

Dad uses the truck for work whenever he can because it really out performs the ford he has in both power and most importantly fuel economy. We weren't able to find a ignition switch locally so we ended up having to buy one and it just arrived today. Thanks for the wiring diagrams Jordan even though I didn't get to see them till now.