• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Southbend Con OFE

I'm thinking I better start looking into a clutch for my truck, and I read Mike you have the Southbend Con OFE. I'm looking at this site here in Canada and wondering did they change it that it's not called the same anymore? All I see close is the OFEK but don't want to get the wrong set up when I order. My truck a daily driver HO with the Nv5600 6spd. Have the Edge with attitude and want something that wont slip but good for daily running. Best to go clutch/pressure plate/flywheel when buying? http://www.peakdieselperformance.com/Dodge_Clutch_South_Bend_Clutch.html

I'm sorta confused........what are you asking?

If your asking what I think your asking you don't want the CON OFEK. That clutch is for transmissions with the 1 1/4" input shaft. Your truck has the 1 3/8" input shaft so you would want this clutch http://www.peakdieselperformance.com/catalog/item/4914492/4993122.htm . As far as the flywheel is concerned, you can take it to a machine shop (possibly NAPA) and have it machined true again usually $20-$30. Just like brake drums/rotors it has a min thickness so if you have had it machined before make sure its still within specs.

--- Update to the previous post...

Whoops, I looked at the WRONG OFEK clutch. I didn't look at the 1947-OFEK. The difference between the 1947-OFEK and the 1947-OFE is that the OFEK comes with a flywheel. If your flywheel is in good shaped (not gouged to heck and back) and you have not had it machined before you can save $200 and get the OFE.

And to answer your question about driveabilty, I am running the 1947-OFE and like it so far. While I was breaking it in it was pretty grabby compared to the stocker. But after the break in period it feels only slightly more aggressive that stock. I have had it for about 90k and had no issues.

• Like 1

:rolleyes: I don't know what I was looking at, or apparantly wasn't looking at. I saw it after I posted. Thanks for the reply though chllngr528. Not sure if my flywheel has ever been touched so when it comes time to order I may just bite the bullet and put all new in