• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Compressor Map

This is what happened to me. I removed the 40 over rv fuel mpg test injectors, in my 8300 dually i did 18.5 mpg all hy miles. Then i removed the 20k over hg and replaced it with a factory one and put my 7x12 injectors back in. The 7x12 are around 200 to 240 over stock. I have to drive with the overdrive off because it can get smokey in traffic. So i drove around the city/hy mostly at 2000 rpm's and i am getting better fuel mileage. The turbo is a 64/71/13ss htt.So the question is do you think the gh change helped or running the turbo in it's peak map helped ? Or both.

removed the 20k over hg and replaced it with a factory one and put my 7x12 injectors back in.

??? Head Gaskett ?? Dunno man thats weird - even the HY would still be in its compressor map range at up to 25-30psi which your not running just driving around town. And such quick spoolup with the hy35 would think efficient at lower end So 1) More air flow with the 64/13 at the same rpm/speeds better combustion/efficiency 2) Lugging a little before in town in OD but not as obvious with the RV275 ? I more inclined to think its both like the extra airflow cfm and the runnning without OD. Injector style plays a role too ... I get same mileage with my +75 HP CPP injectors as my rv275s and both more than stock.