• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Roadside Vehicle Inpections

anoldbiker

Several years ago, I had occasion to use a new farrier while my regular guy was in Florida... the guy arrives very late. He's driving a big old box truck where he has his forge & his bench... Most farriers around here use a pickup with a work cap or a cab & chassis with a farrier's body. Any rate, the new farrier has the ratty looking box truck. He says looks like crap but mechanically excellant. Stopped by the truck cops 3 times in one day in different parts of the state. He was not overweight, load insignificant for this truck. He got the full inspection before he was sent on his way. He got paper work showing he'd been inspected. He showed it the next stop... they did it all again! Nuts!! Very strange... I think a lot of farriers pickups are likely over weight: anvil, forge, steel horse shoes. My regular guy was driving a 1/2 ton Ford... and he told me he was considerably over weight. Never been stopped! Talk about profiling...

That's why I do my farrier thing out a of trailer. Quite a few, if not most use a trailer around me. Remember this thread???? forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/2260-My-New-Mobile-Shop-Work-Trailer