• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Updated: Jan 03 2007

• Owner

I'm still researching products and more research I'm doing the more I keep finding that diesel additive are using mineral spirits, xylene, naptha as a anti-gel and/or certane booster. But remember these chemical are NOT lubricants. I'm also finding that some of the chemical that they are using in fuel conditioners are cancer causing and have high health hazards. Like I told one user on Cummins Forum I've got a whole gallon of Xylene in the shop for paint thinner but I won't add that to my diesel fuel!We are trying to find additives to add to our fuel that contain lubricants and not thinners. With the on set of ULSD and lack of lubricants it has the last thing your injection pump wants is more thinners. The whole idea is to put more lubricants in the fuel. I got to admit all of the above chemicals would break down the waxy chains of diesel fuel and improve the pour point. But It comes with a price of enhanced wear on your fuel system. So far I haven't found any kind of product that is like 2 cycle oil for properties.