• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Automatic Sliding 5th wheel hitch

I have a Pullrite Superglide. It is an automatic slider. It is easy to mount and unmount my hitch from the bed of the truck and it leaves a flat bed so you can slide things in and out of the truck. I don't have to slow down or stop when turning corners. Works great, but they are a bit spendy when compared to non-automatic sliders. I picked mine up used and saved a ton of money when compared to buying new. http://www.pullrite.com/superglide.htm

I was looking on hijackers website, and these things are weighing a whopping 330 lbs!Sheesh! :wow:I think its worth the money in the long run. When you think about it, you don't have to worry about replacing your seat from your butt puckering so tight it tears the fabric up! :moon:Not to mention the extensive amount of body damage that can be caused from jackknifing your truck.

I've had the PullRite Superglide in my last three trucks and I absolutely love it. So easy/no worries about the cab and when I take it out the bed is clean and level. I chose to go with the more expensive mounts (forget what they call em) and it is a really nice set up.As for the weight, it breaks down in pieces and even I can get it in and out of the bed alone (not a big guy). But I highly suggest a buddy when you can get one lol.I'm actually trying to sell mine right now as I think I want to go back to smaller travel trailers for a while, but used is a good way to go. If you go used, make sure that you buy NEW bolts/washers/nuts for the mounting plates.

• 1 month later...

i work at an rv dealer as a tech and i would have to say the pull rites would be my choice. i havent seen any problems with them siding or binding like i have with other sliders. the icing on the cake for them is that when you pull them out of the bed of your truck there is no rails to deal with just a flat surface.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...