• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Archoil AR6200 Combustion Catalysis and Burn Modifier

harry6.0

Hi Michael and members, It's been awhile since I have posted on here, nice changes to the site, it looks very good. Anyhow, I thought I would share my experience with this product, http://evergreen.cagehosting.com/index.cfm/products/ar6000/ar6200-combustion-catalyst-and-burn-modifier/ in a nutshell, it will make any truck run like the best tank of fuel you have ever run. I came across this product by accident, and its formulation is really nothing new, but requires very little to produce big results. It basically brings our low quality ulsd fuel up to spec. I came across it when ordering some AR9100 friction modifier from this company, they sent me some samples of the AR6200, and after adding 1oz to my tank, the difference in low end performance and the way the truck ran was literally mind blowing. Another positive effect is the way it runs when cold starting, it will start and run like it's already warmed up. I am not alone in these results, as I ended up giving samples to neighbors and coworkers with Cummins/Dmax's/Powerstrokes, the results were the same across the board, all wanted more. Once in the trucks system, you really only need no more than an 1/2 ounce to treat a tankful, and it can be used with 2cycle or other additives. Nothing I have ever ran in my 03' 6L Powerstroke has made it run like this stuff does, it really does work that well. It makes one realize how low quality our fuel is today, this product is very addicting. Harry

It sounds interesting but I think I would have to more about it before running it thru my engine.:shrug:

I have been running it for awhile now, and my truck has never ever run as well as it does with this product. It is also used by oil companies to bring fuel up to spec, and to bring long stored fuel back into spec. Extremely smooth running with a boost in performance are the effects, along with mileage boost, as it's easier to maintain speed with less throttle when fuel is treated. The basis of this formulation was designed by Bell laboratories, many years ago. Literally everyone who has run this product has been shocked at how well it works. It allows the combustion event to be more complete utilizing more btu's per event. This product actually works, unlike most out there that are watered down solvents. I sent samples to 3 other friends of mine on the dieselgarage.com, the results were the same. We also ran this product in our roadside assistance diesel Mercedes Benz vehicle at my work (I am a diagnostic technician for Mercedes Benz)...same results. Basically our fuel here in the USA is crap, and this product seems to bring it up to par, kinda like good ole high sulfur no.2 used to be. All I can say is, if you try it, it will not hurt anything in your motor. Heres some more data on AR6200, http://www.archoil.com/stage/assets/File/ARCHOIL AR6200 Combustion modifier 9-19.pdf Harry

With AR6200 in my truck, I can see anywhere from 14-18mpg on average, and as high as 20 on occasion, it all depends on what tires I'm running and winter/summer conditions, towing/highway/around town driving. Without AR6200 in my fuel, everything drops at least 1.5 mpg. 6L Powerstrokes are not known for great mileage when lifted/running 315's and weighing in around 8k and running a bigger turbo with custom sct tuning. However, my coworkers stock 03' Dmax, normally averages 19-20 without AR6200, and averages 23-24 with AR6200. Several others have reported seeing the highest mileage they ever have in their vehicles while running AR6200 in the fuel, including our Mercedes roadside assistance vehicle at work. Mileage is mostly all a control factor of the right foot, and if you take advantage of the boost in low end that this product produces, then you will see gains. If you let the 16yr old that seems to lurk down inside of some of us take over, then mileage gains will not be as good. My neighbors 04' Dodge Cummins, ran really well with AR6200. He reported a very noticeable increase in engine smoothness and no lag when taking off, in other words the turbo spools quicker due to a more complete combustion event, as it does in all trucks with AR6200 in the fuel. I don't know what else to say, but just that this product works like nothing else I have ever experienced, and I am not alone. I gave a 0.7 ounce sample to a guy that has a 04' 6L powerstroke here locally in Spokane WA. and he came back a week later asking where he could get more. Said he had never experienced his truck run that good with any additives, including 2cycle. The thing is, you can run this product along with 2cycle if you are concerned about lubricity, although it does claim to boost lubricity. How much? That I don't know, but with such a little amount thats needed to treat the fuel, it couldn't be much in my opinion, but it could be more than one thinks. The only reason I have been so passionate about this product is because it works. Harry

• 2 weeks later...

With all due respect Harry; you sound like an HHO or acetone saleman. IOW.......a "snake oil" salesman.All you give is vague generalities and even vaguer "real world" reports from "guys you work with"!!!!! Huge, huge red flag there. How about names, addresses, etc. so we can contact them directly??!!:2cents:IMHO, if it was that great, it'd been on the market years ago.:smart:

With all due respect Harry; you sound like an HHO or acetone saleman. IOW.......a "snake oil" salesman. All you give is vague generalities and even vaguer "real world" reports from "guys you work with"!!!!! Huge, huge red flag there. How about names, addresses, etc. so we can contact them directly??!!:2cents:IMHO, if it was that great, it'd been on the market years ago.:smart:

Not trying to start a war. The product works. I am far from alone in my observations. Certainly not going to give names and addresses on the net. Like I said earlier, a portion of the technology is nothing new(iron organic compounds). No one is forcing anyone to try it, just thought I would share my experience. You can contact these guy's if you have questions (http://www.archoil.com/). Nothing I have ever run in my fuel has worked like AR6200, not 2cycle, not any of the popular additives. While I agree, that 2cycle has lubricity benefits for the fuel system, but is not ideal for variable gate turbo chargers, as oil is oil, and it may be ashless, but it still aids in carbon coking of the vanes. I was not expecting much when I recieved my first sample bottle, but was blown away at how it made the truck run in such a positive manner. Some folks will never try anything new, as they are content with the way things are, or don't really have the need, and thats ok. I am not however, especially being a 6L Ford owner, which has resulted in pursuing answers and solutions for overcomplicated design challenges. Don't knock it till you try it, thats all I can say, it's definitely not an average product. Harry

It is a product that seems to good to be true. I have a truck that I plan to be driving for a long time to come and before I just go dumping something in the fuel that I have no idea what is or what it might do to the engine, I'm skeptical. All I see now is your opinion, some other un named folks opinions and a little info from the co about how great iti is. Need some real world stuff on this.

It is a product that seems to good to be true. I have a truck that I plan to be driving for a long time to come and before I just go dumping something in the fuel that I have no idea what is or what it might do to the engine, I'm skeptical. All I see now is your opinion, some other un named folks opinions and a little info from the co about how great iti is. Need some real world stuff on this.

Whatever pleases your skepticism, its your world, and I'm not bashing you for being skeptic, as skepticism is most certainly needed. I can only relay to you and others my real world experiences with the product. There is plenty of info on this additive and what it is and how it works. I also happen to work as a diagnostic technician for Mercedes Benz. I have been involved with diesel vehicles long before any domestic pickup trucks were equipped with diesel. I have seen and used many different products over the past 34 yrs as a technician. Do I have skepticism on the list of claims about the product? Of course I do, as I have no way of proving all the claims. All I have to say is, you can either believe my observations or not, it's anyones choice. Is it safe to use? So far I have no reason to doubt it's safety, as it's given my truck a boost in enconomy, made it run smoother and quieter, with better low end response, what more could I really want or ask for. Of all the common fuel additive products out there, none of them have ever made an impression like this stuff has. Thats all really, I only wanted to share my enthusiasm about this product due to the impression it has made on me. Harry

Enthusiasm and skepticism kind of work hand in hand. Enthusiasm will get the word out to people and the skepticism make people ask questions. I read most of your thread http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112382 It s is a pretty long read and most of the folks there seem to be getting the results that you have. But I would like to see more info on testing of the product. I would hate to add something to my truck and have it run better for a year or two and find out I now have to rebuild the engine because of some medium term affect it has on it. What you have done is what this forum is all about. New ideas, products and open discusions on them. This has my interest and I am going to investgate it a little more. Like I said before, I plan on keeping this truck for a long time and so far the only additve i have tried that seems to benifit me is 2 stroke for the fuel. So thanks for pointing it out and lets see where it goes.

• Like 2

• Staff

Keeps fuel fresh for 20 yrs... I wonder about that ever being possible. One ounce to a 34 gallon tank also sounds too good I think it makes too many claims, too good to be true. All things considered, I think 2 cycle oil is best till a product goes tested/used for awhile.Harry, which dealership do you work at maybe one of us can go visit with you and hear your car running before and after you pour some in the tank. Hopefully you are in Oregon cause I'll make the trip.:thumb1: