• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tremonton boy killed with toy cannon

flagmanruss

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/state/story/Tremonton-boy-killed-with-toy-cannon/7OjqDiiM-UWmKwIwqXcICg.cspx My heart aches for the family also. The reporting is terrible. The neighbor is an idiot. Sadly the boys youthful experiments cost one his life. But the scale model cannon did not take itself off the shelf, load itself & ignite itself... indoors. What were they thinking?

Russ, I am always set back by things like this and there is never enough you can say about a tragedy like this. It is so unfortunate. My heart does go out to the family of this child. These kind of things could have happened to alot of us growing up. I just hope this does not turn into a "Pass a law against it". So many knee jerk reactions result in laws that are useless. It was not the "cannon", but a very unfortunate set of circumstances that resulted in a tragic loss.

Guest demyhall

Death by toy cannon was the very last thing the family of Robby Ostberg would have anticipated. Yet unfortunately, that's exactly what occurred to the 14-year-old Tremonton, Utah, adolescent. The six-inch toy cannon reportedly misfired into his face, killing him. It is said that the cannon exlpoded without warning while the boy is trying to find the source which was preventing the cannon from working. Autopsy results pointing to the exact cause of death will be made available later this week. Source for this article: 14-year-old boy killed by toy cannon.