• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Air Dog 100 using stock fuel cannister/Heater

Hello all, Sorry I haven't been on here lately. I had another heart complication since my last post. but all is well. My airdog has been really great. I did notice a drop in fuel pressure lately. I'm thinking of cold weather and winter blend fuel. But Probably need to change air dog filter since i have been running since September. My snubber/needle valve set up like Mike has posted about works great too. My glow shift gauge hasn't given me any problems whats so ever. The air dog didn't let me down while plowing snow during major blizzards we had back to back in NJ. So all in all I'm happy with performance. Only a few times have I ever had it go a scoche' past 15 psi at WOT.John

Edited by JJK98CTD

• 7 months later...

Same here. I installed the Vulcan 1/2 Big Line kit to include 1/2 inch draw straw up to the OEM filter cannist and a 1/2 Big line from the cannister the IP. Works like a champ. Can't hardly get the fuel pressure gauge to budge under full throttle.

Does the 1/2 in. Big Line fittings fit the OEM fuel cannister or do you have to drill and tap larger holes in the cannister to accept the Big Line fittings?

What size drill bit do I need to resize the banjo fittings?

Thanks,

Dave

sorry DAVE3500 i missed your post. to answer your question, i read that info on http://dodgeram.org/tech/dsl/more_power/power_isb.htm

Q: If I bomb my engine, do I need to install larger fuel lines?

Larger lines are not necessary to handle the fuel flow. There are 4 banjo fittings that will need attention. The inlet on the lift pump, the outlet on the lift pump, the inlet on the filter head and the outlet on the filter head. The banjo fitting at the inlet on the injection pump is already 3/16 or a little larger, which is adequate.

The banjos on the line between the stock lift pump and the stock filter housing need help because, while the barb is 5/16 on the outside, the hole thru it is LESS than 3/16. A 3/16" or 9/32" drill bit chucked in a drill press will ream the holes to a more reasonable size. The main thing is to make sure the holes are de-burred after they are drilled. Compressed air is also necessary to blow out the fittings. With your intended modifications, this should be more than sufficient to supply your injection pump.

Torque spec for the Banjo bolts is 18 ft-lb.

i just ordered the big line kit from vulcan(over trying to drill them out). it came with a tapped 90*, which is handy since the 99 does not have a schrader valve on the VP44(not that i have an in cab gauge, yet)