• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Air Dog 100 using stock fuel cannister/Heater

Hello, I am about to install a Air dog 100. I have purchased a big line kit from vulcan performance with the tapped elbow. So I can run a a needle valve and connect a grease gun line to it then to the electric fuel sender. I know alot of people by pass the filter heater cannister. How do you think it will perform. I know there will be another filter in the mix. I read a post on another site on a install like that. In the post the user cut the filter and used the o ring from the top of the filter. Any opinoins will be appreciated.Thanks,John

my airdog 150 came with a 1/2" hose and connections.per the instructions, i skipped the fuel canister.the only flaw by doing this is: your bypassing your fuel heaterthe benifit is you are skipping the factory 3/8 line and bangos(from canister to vp44)i have read other's say that you don't need 1/2 line if you make the bangos flow better(drilling them out)i have yet to have any problems(other than starter and batteries,unrelated) but it stays warm here in OK

Thanks. For the replies. What I meant by the big line kit to answer the other gentle mans post. The big line kit is a short piece of 1/2" fuel line and the tapped elbow jig fitting and another 90 jig fitting to go from cannister to VP-44. Mike did you make you 90* mounting plate for you air dog or was that from the from the company. Because I would like to mount in near the transfer case like yours.Thanks again,John

• Owner

Thanks. For the replies. What I meant by the big line kit to answer the other gentle mans post. The big line kit is a short piece of 1/2" fuel line and the tapped elbow jig fitting and another 90 jig fitting to go from cannister to VP-44. Mike did you make you 90* mounting plate for you air dog or was that from the from the company. Because I would like to mount in near the transfer case like yours. Thanks again, John

Nope... Pureflow sent that to me... So it a factory bracket for the AirDog 150. Just request that style of bracket. The other bracket flat mounts the pump to the frame rail... As for the big line kit you can find them here...(For the other guy)... http://www.vulcanperformance.com/Draw-S ... /ffvpu.htm

Thank You, About the bracket. I already had the big line kit. I called up and talked to Ron at Pure Flow technologies and he is sending me the bracket like yours. And I will send the bracket that came with my Air Dog back to him. :thumbsup Thanks again,John

I kept my stock filter and fuel heater... Also I even left a filter in the stock filter housing... So far no issues running this... But I kept it because Idaho winter are rather cold... 8|

Same here. I installed the Vulcan 1/2 Big Line kit to include 1/2 inch draw straw up to the OEM filter cannist and a 1/2 Big line from the cannister the IP. Works like a champ. Can't hardly get the fuel pressure gauge to budge under full throttle.

my airdog 150 came with a 1/2" hose and connections. per the instructions, i skipped the fuel canister. the only flaw by doing this is: your bypassing your fuel heater the benifit is you are skipping the factory 3/8 line and bangos(from canister to vp44) i have read other's say that you don't need 1/2 line if you make the bangos flow better(drilling them out) i have yet to have any problems(other than starter and batteries,unrelated) but it stays warm here in OK

What size drill bit do I need to resize the banjo fittings? Thanks, Dave

Well the big brown truck arrived today, with the mounting bracket for the Air Dog Like Mopar Mans. I can't wait to finally get this done. I have everything to get the job done. Just hope the VP-44 isn't gonna go south after all is done. I'll probably install the rest of the guages while I'm at it. Thank god my buddy has a shop with two lifts. :thumbsup thanks to all who have responded to my question.John

Well, Yesterday I got the air dog mounted with the new bracket. that went well. Easy. I went to start the fuel line installs and noticed I need two more JIC 90*s because i had the original on the frame set up when I bought the air dog 100. I need a to get either 2 -8 Swivel 1/2" push log 90* or 2 -8 swivel x -8 JIC forged 90* Then I should be good to go. Couldn't get parts because of the holiday weekend. I might hit up a local hydraulic shop.John

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I finally finished the Air Dog install. At my buddies shop. I now have 18 psi of fuel pressure at Idle. It was a long day. And thanks to my wife especially for being patient. It was our 10th anniversary yesterday when I finally got finished. her parents were there to watch the kids. So we could salvage the rest of the day and to go out and have a nice dinner. It was also nice to have a good report from my heart doctor too. At the end of July. I had a heart attack and I just turned 38. So it all was a good ending to a long day of angst and excitement. Sorry for being long winded. I will post pics asap.Thanks, John

What size drill bit do I need to resize the banjo fittings? Thanks, Dave
Dave, I strongly recommend you get rid of all of the banjo fittings. The are obsolete, a pain in the butt, and don't flow anywhere near the amount AN fittings will. It is also MUCH easier to tap into the fuel line for gauge pressure. http://www.vulcanperformance.com/Draw-S ... ps9804.htm You can also call and ask Eric to send you just the fittings/items that you need instead of the entire pump relocation kit.

Thanks LIVEOAK, For posting that for me. I thought that the draw straw is needed if there was an in tank pump? So AN fittings are the thing huh? Thanks again, Dave

I think they are the way to go in my opinion. The draw straw can be installed in the OEM fuel pickup/sending unit assembly but some surgery is required.

• 2 weeks later...

John,If you are running 18 psi at idle, how much do you drop at WOT or while driving? Am having trouble with a newly installed AD100 and wondering what "normal" is on this system. I did not replace anything upstream of the filter housing, so its stock.Thx,Joe