• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Spam from one of my email accounts...

flagmanruss

I have a few different accounts to "sort" my correspondance. My address book contacts got spam apparently sent from one of my Yahoo accounts... (even showed up in my other accounts since I have my other accounts listed in the address book for easy forwarding.) Yet, I ran full scans & I haven't found any sign of Virus or MalWare. I changed the password already. My contacts have already started emailing me warnings.Russ

Ok, makes much more sense now :)Do you see any outgoing traffic in your 'sent' folder? could be email address was "picked up" elsewhere, rather than from your actual yahoo account. However, I have several friends with Yahoo! accounts and I do occasionally get spam from them. That's why I don't use Yahoo! Mail anymore.

I was not saving in a sent folder though I just turned that back on. We'll see if anything else shows up. But the one former GF (was not amused by the ED drugs ads) and my other email accounts don't cross so I don't think it was mined off an email.

• Owner

This is one of the few reasons I will not use a free email account. (Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, etc.)

Like all my email accounts are either through my hosting provider (@mopar1973man.com) or through my internet provider (@frontiernet.net)... In either case I've got full spam blocking both incoming and outgoing... That's why with either account I'm not scared to post my email addresses publicly.

mnelson@mopar1973man.com

mopar1973man@frontiernet.net

cloud10@frontiernet.net

I do have a yahoo account but never use it but use it to submit email address for questionable registration or ???. Which I will not list because it will fill up with spam, junk mail, etc...