• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No engine light on and have trouble codes!??

• Staff

Truck runs smooth as glass, good fuel pressure at 19, 15wot, 65k miles and got trouble codes 1693 and 230. What's with that everyone?

I'll clear the codes and report back.

Thanks for any help.

Update; I checked the code list and it does not mean a bad vp. 230 means incorrect lift pump voltage from the ecm. I'm hoping it's just dirty battery connections. Now cleaning all battery terminals, checked lift pump connections and batteries still unhooked with headlight switch on to get rid of residual electricity in the system. Hope I'm on the right track here.

--- Update to the previous post...

I hooked everything all back up and still got code 230.

Could be that I just have weak batteries? I know the fuel pressure drops when the grid heaters kick on and I did go cheap on batteries when I bought them 3 years ago with not enough CCA's for the trucks rating.?

T.I.A.

• Staff

No you got a lift pump that is drawing too many amp or not drawing enough amps. In other words there is a problem internally in the lift pump that is causing to draw more amps than normal (damage bearings?) and throwing this code.

Need more info Mike.....I have a Raptor pump running off the batteries thru a 40 amp relay. Does that make a difference? I just found out also that after charging one battery, drivers side, the other that's paralleled is not getting charged because I put the charger on the passenger battery for the heck of it and it's been taking a charge for a few hours now. Please help:pray: as I cannot afford a new ECM.

• Owner

Doubt its a ECM... Ok now knowing its a relay system I guess you need to double check your connections on the relay and might try replacing the relay to see if the winding are damaged why its drawing more or less current and tossing the code. I highly highly doubt the ECM is the problem but a bad relay or weak connection could be. The relay systems on both AirDog and FASS are extremely safe for the ECM being the pump load is no longer place on the ECM. It just relay...

• Like 1