• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Broken smoke screw!!

Hey guys. I know my signature isn't filled out but I have a 96 12v and I was messing around with the pump and was very pleased with the power increase after just a few minor adjustments. I'm waiting to do more until I can get a new clutch. Well normally I dont like blowing smoke and my truck never really did(which is what I wanted) but we were going camping and I decided to turn the smoke screw in just to have some fun and then back it out the next day or whatever but as I was tightening it down it snapped flush. I've been running it like this for a month now but I can't find the new part anywhere or the dimensions of the screw. I think it's a 10 mm nut and it's a lock nut but that's all I know. If you could point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Not sure about the ability for access or if it can be done...You sound like you are gonna need a drill bit, ez out and a way to get a reading for thread pitch.hope you saved the head to the screw. Get the broken piece out with the ez out and put the head to the screw and see if it is possibly a typical screw at the hardware store...If not, you are gonna need to probably get a machine shop to make you one...BTW, look at getting one in a higher grade as well. Would be less prone to breaking...

Where exactly is this smoke screw? There is a fuel plate and AFC stuff and yeah I cannot think of any smoke screw. The starwheel sure isn't 10mm. Give me some clues to where this thing is and I can figure it out.

Well all I have to do is take apart the back of theAFC where the diaphragm is to get to the screw, cause the second half of the screw is still hanging on inside the housing. That's a good idea on getting a shop to make it for me. I just need to figure out the dimensions or where I can buy one. ISX it's the Allen head screw that's at the back of the AFC. It pushes on the diaphragm to get more fueling during pre-boost. Once you adjust it to where you want it you tighten it down with a 10 mm nut so it won't move. Thanks for the quick responses guys.

Ah that screw. I have 2 complete AFC's if you need parts off it..

--- Update to the previous post...

It's M6 x 1.0 and 1" long. I think you can get something like that at ace. Call around, if you can't find one you can have mine. Send me 45 cents :lol:

• Like 1

Ah that screw. I have 2 complete AFC's if you need parts off it..

--- Update to the previous post...

It's M6 x 1.0 and 1" long. I think you can get something like that at ace. Call around, if you can't find one you can have mine. Send me 45 cents :lol:

Yeah, it's not special. plain-old metric threading..

Now, quit jacking with stuff :lmao: