• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Couple AirDog100 questions

I'm almost done with Air Dog, but I have a couple problems. First, the main suction line from the tank to the AD, will not connect to the top of the factory sending unit. There is a 90 elbow fitting on top the tank, and the new AD line has a plastic quick fit attachment and no matter how hard I push, it will not click on. The previous owner actually had a FASS pump installed which I found out today. If I can't get it to fit, should I just cut the plastic quick connect off and stick the line on and hose clamp it? It looks like the previous owner did that with the FASS.Second question is electrical. On the wiring harness where it plugs into the AD, There is another electrical connector that does not connect to anything. Is this for an optional setup or something? I have just about everything else done, but these two parts and now it raining pretty good, so I thought I'd come in and check it out. Thanks

• Owner

As for the quick connects there has been issues with them leaking air in the past. So yes most people just cut the hose and hose clamp into place on the stock sender. But you'll be looking towards a drawstraw anyways.As for the extra plug...post-2-138698186597_thumb.jpgThat's for the optional low pressure light that nobody wants to buy... :lmao::lmao2:

Haha, I actually missed that in the instructions, and just went back over it and realized it was for the low pressure light. So I will just cut the quick connect off and clamp it. And I just realized that I did nothing with the 17psi spring included in the kit, so I guess when the weather clears I'll have to go back and and put that in. I'm finding these directions a little hard to understand and the pictures are very small and not too clear. I will get it figured out though. If I don't, you guys will be hearing from me...:wink:

--- Update to the previous post...

Ok so apparently, the 15psi spring is preinstalled at the factory? They just include a 17psi incase you needed more pressure? I'm seeing nothing about installing the spring yourself until it gets to the end of the booklet and only mentions it as an "upgrade". Anyone know this for sure?

Haha, I actually missed that in the instructions, and just went back over it and realized it was for the low pressure light. So I will just cut the quick connect off and clamp it. And I just realized that I did nothing with the 17psi spring included in the kit, so I guess when the weather clears I'll have to go back and and put that in. I'm finding these directions a little hard to understand and the pictures are very small and not too clear. I will get it figured out though. If I don't, you guys will be hearing from me...:wink:

Ok so apparently, the 15psi spring is preinstalled at the factory? They just include a 17psi incase you needed more pressure? I'm seeing nothing about installing the spring yourself until it gets to the end of the booklet and only mentions it as an "upgrade". Anyone know this for sure?

You can see how your pressure is whe you get it running and if you need to raise the pressure, change out the spring. I have heard of folks strectching the spring to get even higher or shimming it with washers. Thats on ereason I went with the ADII, it comes with an adjutment screw. But the springs are working fine for alot of folks. Glad it seems to be going well except for the weather.

I suppose you could say it's going well. The weather sucks and working out in the street sucks. It's been raining on and off all day with temps in the 40's and windy. The rain gave me a day off from work though and possibly again tomorrow so I'll be grateful for that. Between the circumstances and never working on a truck like this before (or any truck for that matter) it's going pretty well. Slow, but well. So far today I removed the old fuel system and gauges from the interior, installed the new VP, and bolted up the Air Dog loosely incase I need to make any adjustments. Oh and BTW the instructions recommended bypassing the stock fuel canister, so I decided to remove the whole unit. Now the fuel will go right from the AD to the VP. Also freed up a good bit of engine space.

Go to the Air Dog website and download the install manual. Then just zoom in on the pics.:thumbup2:

I should have done that from the start, but now I'm pretty much getting to the point that I don't need the pics anyways. Plus I was pretty dirty and didn't want to mess up my keyboard. I'm all cleaned up now and heading to the gym. I'm gonna call it a night on the truck and hopefully get off work tomorrow and finish her up.

Another question has popped into my mind suprise, suprise. But I found a 3/8 needle valve on top of our fridge tonight. I'm wondering what the disadvantage is to using this, as opposed to an 1/8"? I have been thinking about just tapping the test port on the VP for my Edge fuel pressure rather than tap into my brand new fuel line from the AirDog. Is there any reason NOT to do what I'm thinking? It seems to me like the pressure reading would be just as accurate, if not more, than tapping the fuel line. And if the needle valve is going to be almost closed anyways to prevent pressure spikes, what is the difference between doing what I'm thinking, or buying an 1/8 valve and tapping the AD main fuel line?

When you connect your AD to the VP you have to remove the test port to install the fitting. no more test port, unless I am missing something.

Maybe I called it the wrong name. I'm talking about the "overflow valve" to the left of the inlet on the VP. I was considering tapping into that for my fuel pressure readings, as opposed to putting T in my new fuel lines or something like that.

Thats differant. but I dont see how you would get a good reading there even if its possible. tThe return line pressure if much at all is not what you want to read. You really need to read your pressure before it goes into the pump and after all filtration.

Yeah, it may not work I really don't know. I guess I will wait until I get my Edge and see exactly what comes in the box with it, then make a decision. I also kinda don't want to start the truck and then receive the Edge a day later, then have to go back and cut the line, get fuel everywhere again, then re bleed the system. More time to research I guess :thumbup2: