• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

It's Official!!

dorkweed

• Owner

Wow! That's a long ways with a oil change... :wow Well I'm running right behind you with my Frantz but changing every 10K miles and doing wonderful too... I talk to local guys here with Dodge's and they are changing oil at 3K miles to 4K miles because it gets black... OMG!!! When they hear of my 10K oil change the jaw usually hit the floor... :wow LOL

Oil usually doesn't "wear out" unless it gets overheated or the additives shear or breakdown. It only get contaminated/dirty. That's why our TP is there!!!! :smart Thankfully, our Cummins are easy on oil......unlike the older Powersmokes with the HEUI injectors in them. Those engines could breakdown oil in no time.

Hey Dorkweed I seen somewhere your using the cheap Wally world engine oil. I spotted it yesterday while down in Ontario, OR and and it like $8.50 gallon... Wow! that cheap so how is it working for you?I know your doing oil testing?

Yup, I use the WallyWorld SuperTech 15W40 dino oil. I can't see spending more for oil that IMHO won't give me any more benefits/protection than what I get with the SuperTech. It's approved by Cummins too!! My last analysis from Blackstone (10,000 miles ago) came back fine. Nothing is building up as far as contaminants go and the TBN has stayed about the same the last few analysis. The oil is black though.......but the solids/soot in the oil is well below what Blackstone considers nornal!!! :thumbsup I like tinkering with the TP bypass. It freaks people out when they see my change it for the first time. I plan on another analysis in about another 10,000 miles or about 120,000 on the clock. Wish me luck!!! B)