• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ho injectors & So

A buddy of mine has a 01 SO motor and he started blowing black and started knocking, well he towed it home and to me it does not sound bad enought to be a lower end knock I think its a fuel related knock. I have a set of HO injectors out of my sons truck my question is will they work in a SO? I dont see there would be a diff. :shrug:He just called and told me just installed a Airdog 150 day before yesterday, I dont see any relationship there, the AD install wouldnt have any efect,.

I understand that the HO injectors run at higher pop off pressures and have a different nozzle to accommodate the higher pressures coming from the HO VP. This is the reason HO motors react more positively to larger injectors then SO engines do. Will they work?.....maybe, but I'm thinking that they wont work as well.