• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lift pump circuit code

So after 10 months of no CEL I got a lift pump circuit code(230). I am not using that circuit and the plug has been hanging there for a while now( 10 months). I also noticed that the grids never cycled after I started. The wts light went on for about 2 secs then shut off. The CEL turned on before I even started it, I just turned the key to the "on" position and it illuminated in about 1 second.... Any ideas.... That was the only code. I can clear it and it will come back in no more than 2 start cycles.thanks,Will

So after 10 months of no CEL I got a lift pump circuit code(230). I am not using that circuit and the plug has been hanging there for a while now( 10 months). I also noticed that the grids never cycled after I started. The wts light went on for about 2 secs then shut off. The CEL turned on before I even started it, I just turned the key to the "on" position and it illuminated in about 1 second.... Any ideas.... That was the only code. I can clear it and it will come back in no more than 2 start cycles. thanks, Will

Mine hung for long time with no code. Maybe some dirt got in there and shorted it hard to say. The grids will not cycle above 60* I believe. Once the truck sees the temp it will shut off the lite if not needed. Just went out and tried it on mine and the wts light went out in less than 2 seconds. Try cleaning the harness and see what happens. If everything else is in good running oder, I dont think you have a worry.