• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

P pump conversion

On the 3G trucks, I'm not sure it's worth it, given all of the computer-controlled stuff.As for parts list for a 2G, you'll need a lot..fuel (hard) lines, ppump, mount brackets, rear timing cover, pump gear, throttle linkages, FSS, lift pump, etc.For my VP truck, parts (alone) were in the $2500-3000 range.

• Owner

Never could understand the desire for Ppump conversion on every truck. There is so much drivablity with CR fuel system vs. static timing P7100 pump. Then like Rogan points out all the electronics that need to dealt with somehow. I say it best to look forwards and learn how to better what you got than trying to go backward in time retrofitting older fuel system parts to a newer engine.

Never could understand the desire for Ppump conversion on every truck. There is so much drivablity with CR fuel system vs. static timing P7100 pump. Then like Rogan points out all the electronics that need to dealt with somehow. I say it best to look forwards and learn how to better what you got than trying to go backward in time retrofitting older fuel system parts to a newer engine.

I (having owned a p-pumped truck) can fully understand the draw and love for the p-pump. My VP truck will NEVER EVER EVER see the fuel economy my '96 had, let alone, couple that with the power it made. The '96, with $200 worth of mods, will run circles around my 24V, even with the $1000 worth of mods it has. 27mpg highway (5spd, 4x4 sclb) of the p-pump truck vs. 17mpg highway (6spd, 4x4 qcsb) is a sample of the allure. But I get what you're saying, Mike.

• Owner

I (having owned a p-pumped truck) can fully understand the draw and love for the p-pump.

My VP truck will NEVER EVER EVER see the fuel economy my '96 had, let alone, couple that with the power it made. The '96, with $200 worth of mods, will run circles around my 24V, even with the $1000 worth of mods it has.

27mpg highway (5spd, 4x4 sclb) of the p-pump truck vs. 17mpg highway (6spd, 4x4 qcsb) is a sample of the allure.

But I get what you're saying, Mike.

True the 12V (2nd Gens) where awesome truck and awesome MPG's but that was all design to fit together and work together. But now take old technology and put on new technology engine and expect the same outcome. It will never happen. Way too many variable to get that kind of MPG out of Frankenstein...

Like me in stead of Ppumping the truck I learn how to get close to what you guys have in 12V... Not exactly 27 MPG but close to 24 MPG for a truck that weight another 1,000 pound more than early second gen I say not bad..

Posted Image