• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

oil leak on driver side cant find it

bout a year ago when i bought the truck i redid the timmin and the KDP and i noticed a few days later it started leakin oil and now its leaken so bad bascally everytime i turn around i gotta put oil in it i got a few idea's or hints right where my AFC housin starts to back of the engine its caked on with oil so i took off the AFC housin and got some silicone and put on it got everythang back together and took it for a drive came back and its still leakin oil i think its commin from the bottom of the pump or behind the pump thats the cover for the anitfreeze passages if im thinkin right but correct me if im wrong then also too my steerin pump and steerin gear is leakin too i know mopar1973man said a few thangs but im gettin ready to take out the pump and i may take the VP and take all the hoses off and inspect and clean but is there any adjustments on the steerin gear bc i got alot of play in the steerin and just hope it aint out of round? but holler back and see what yall think!

Its probably leaking from either the main oil feed line which connects to the rear of the pump in about the center or leaking from the governor assembly.Either place will allow the oil to fall where your seeing it and I'd bet money on the governor housing......andy

im in the process of takin out the pump because its really makin me mad and when i had the truck a runnin i had to put oil in it everytime i turned around and that was alot of moo-law, i looked for a governor assembly gasket and i couldnt find one or im lookin at the wrong places for it, but i was thinkin too couldnt you get some gray silacone and put on it because ive heard that the gray silacone wont dissolve in contact with oil? then also im goin to fix it up and hopefully sale and fix up a 96' dually

my ford rangers transmission only had grey silicon, my dana 80 also had no gasket for the pan, only red silicon*just found out my dana 80 was missing 70 oz of gear lube. i spent a couple hours scraping the red off, and bought a gasket. it was $8. a little higher than the paper but i don't want another leak

Edited by guesswho512