• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Inside / Outside Temperature Gauge

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought: 'Digital Temperature Gauge PP604195' by Pana-Pacific

www.amazon.com

Premium digital clock, temp. with alarm.

http://www.amazon.com/Pana-Pacific-PP604195-Digital-Temperature-Gauge/dp/B00474YSC6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341948084&sr=8-1&keywords=digital+temp+gauge+panapacific

Posted Image

Only thing is, it's amber, rather than green :doh:

- - - Updated - - -

Dammit....

Greetings from Amazon.com,

We're writing to inform you that your order xxx-xxxx-xxxxxx from Wheeling Truck Center, Inc. has been canceled because the item(s) you purchased were out of stock. Please return and place your order again at a later time.

:ashamed:

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, regroup..

I just called wheeling Truck Parts (where it was going to come from, via Amazon), and they have 200 of them in warehouse. The part number was superseded, therefor causing cancellation by one of the parts counter guys.

The phone call has supposedly rectified the issue with their inventory. I've re-ordered, and he said it will ship out tomorrow, from Wheeling, WV.

I ordered the one i pictured above, $20 shipped, i will see how it works.

Where did you order it from? Putian VST Electronics is a China company, but I can't find any distributors here in the states (yet.) Also, it seems most of the VST temp-related products are battery-powered. :(

Looks good, i got the other one today, not bad, bright led display, but will it last. i will see.

- - - Updated - - -

Mine just arrived from Wheeling Truck Center..

[ATTACH]4265[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4266[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4267[/ATTACH]

From the Galaxy S3

Where are you going to mount it, looks like mopar had a gauge mount but couldn't tell in pic.

Looks good though, clear pics too.

- - - Updated - - -

On on other answer, yes it has a battery inside of it, as well as a cig lighter plug, i mounted it on that mysterious plastic bulge next to 4x4 shifter, it has a swivel mount.

• 3 months later...

I mounted this the other day. I called michael since I didn't have wiring diagram. I made him walk out in the snow to look at his wiring colors and connections to find out his has 3 wires, and mine has 4. After he was out in the snow, I found the directions in the box :oSorry, Mikie. So anyway, I need to relocate my two temp sensors I think. Inside one is between lower trim bezel and knee bolster cover. Outside one is in drivers door jamb. I think they're both reading high.. michael, where do you have your sensors placed?Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Owner

Geez... Call me up and ask if I would look at mine no biggy... But to have to hike down to the shop to get a flashlight and hike back to the house to look and tell him what I already knew... To hike back up stairs to hear... " Oh! There is the instructons in the bottom of the box." :duh: Really good Rogan...:lmao::lmao2:

That's how I roll!The two 'illumination' wires on mine are, well, stupid..One goes to 12V IGN, the other to the dash light circuit. All it does is when you turn the key on, the backlight illuminates. When you turn the light's on, it dims it. Almost to the point of unreadable at night.. :cookoo:So I think I'll be disconnecting the illumination wire and go with the default.. OR, connect the one that is currently on the 12V IGN wire and move it to the illumination circuit, since it's not bright enough to fiddle with, during the day, yet isn't bright enough to cause an issue at night.My biggest issue, however, is the temp sensor probe locations. The 'outside' one is in the drivers door jamb, but get's skewed by under-hood temps in city traffic. I need to find a better (read: more accurate and stable) location for it. :think:

• Owner

My outside probe is all the way forward at the front bumper very driver side tip hidden behind a support brace. Very... Very close to correct as I drive through towns the temps on there board are like +/- 2 degrees. I was going to mount in the factory location but knew radiator heat would skew it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...