• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

no tailights

I recently pulled the bed off my truck to replace the brake line that runs between the tank and the frame. After I reinstalled the bed and connected the lights I have no tail lights, and my dash won't illuminate when I turn the head lights on. I do have brake lights, turn sigs. and back up lights. All the fuses seem to be good. Any suggestions? Thanks

Bren,Start where you worked last. Look closely where you reconnected the body harness. Could be a broken wire or bad connection. The tail lights are fed by Fuse F in the PDC (underhood) to the headlight switch. Then a black/yellow wire to the rear feeding taillights and tag lights.Fuse F also is a fuse that would prevent the instrument lights from working. You may have blown it.Page 8w-51-4 in the '01 manual. (look at top of website, click on downloads tab. Then click on Factory service manuals and download the 01 manual. it is in a zipped format, so have a program to unzip it. your computer may have this already.)Good luck!!Hag

• Owner

Bren, Start where you worked last. Look closely where you reconnected the body harness. Could be a broken wire or bad connection. The tail lights are fed by Fuse F in the PDC (underhood) to the headlight switch. Then a black/yellow wire to the rear feeding taillights and tag lights. Fuse F also is a fuse that would prevent the instrument lights from working. You may have blown it. Page 8w-51-4 in the '01 manual. (look at top of website, click on downloads tab. Then click on Factory service manuals and download the 01 manual. it is in a zipped format, so have a program to unzip it. your computer may have this already.) Good luck!! Hag

:iagree: Double check the fuse with a DVM or Ohm meter and be sure the fuse didn't crack. It will appear fine but the fuse will be cracked and no connection. As for the Dodge FSM the software is there for the decompressing the RAR files. :wink: (Software folder)
  • Like 1