• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

True or False: RV275's a factory Bosch injector

Hey guys, I continue my seach for more MPG and so I called my local diesel shop and asked about prices on Bosch RV275 injectors. They told me that there is no such thing as a "Bosch" RV275. He said that it is an injector that someone has EDM's the nozzle on, AND he said that by doing this it hurts the life cyle of the injector. Questions: Is he right???, and should I care? I have heard good things about the RV275, but do I need to be concerned about it not lastin very long aka wearing out? Ultimately, can I expect any mileage gains out of them? Thanks. 2000 CTD, FASS95, RSD Straight 5", Quad XTZ+ (beta tune), NV5600, FP Gauge

• Owner

Driving habit play a big role in the quest for MPG... I'm currently running stock injectors with a Edge Comp on 5x5 then BHAF and straight pipe exhaust and can pull good number (21-22 AVG then 25 MAX) with a few changes to driving habits... But I'm also looking at the RV275 for a nice mild boost of power and maybe a slight gain in MPG...