• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

To convert or not to convert

After reading some information from edcasey on CF and seeing this post from another site from him http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=303816&postcount=4 I am really starting to think about converting my truck. I had originally planned to purchase a 3/4 ton but I found this 3500 for a decent price in fairly good shape with every option I wanted, except the dual rear wheels. It not that the truck is hard to maneuver or anything but I am sure it would improve the ride, provide better off-road and winter weather traction, and be two less tires to replace. Doesn't seem that its that hard to do and according to edcasey the dually axle is hardly noticeable. What do you guys think?

Here is the truck as it sits now.

Posted Image

• Owner

So you planing on making it a 4 wheel 1 ton truck... I heard of people converting them to single rear tire but never really found out whats involved... I guess time to learn. After reading that little write up that rather easy... I wonder if that would work on a 1st gen??? Hmmm...

Edited by Mopar1973Man

So you planing on making it a 4 wheel 1 ton truck... I heard of people converting them to single rear tire but never really found out whats involved... I guess time to learn. After reading that little write up that rather easy... I wonder if that would work on a 1st gen??? Hmmm...

yeah that what i want to do to my 92 cummins make it 4wd that would be sweet

Well my truck is already a 4wd. I just have to remove the tires from the rear. Probably swap out the wheel studs and remove the spacers. The bed has been repaired from the past and is pretty beat on the inside since after all the truck has well over 200k. The duals are really nice for stability when towing, but driving around in snow and ice they are horrible for traction.