• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Pillar Gauge Install

Easiest way to tap into boost is with a boost bolt. Usually they come with the gauge (i think) if not they can be had for a few bucks. Taking the horn off and drilling and tapping is an option if you find the correct threads on the tubing end, just make sure ALL shavings are cleaned up before you reinstall. As for the lighting run a hot from each gauge tie them together in to your dimmer lights in your fuse panel. They make those fuse taps you can find them at most any auto parts store you plug them into your fuse panel in place of a fuse and its got 2 fuses built into it one to replace the fuse you just pulled and one to fuse your lighting you just tied in to. Others may have other suggestions, thats the way i put mine together and it worked well for me.

There are 2 factory plugs in the manifold just above the lift pump. IIRC one is 1/2" NPT and the other is 3/4"NPT. That is where I connected the boost gauge. (the plugs are hex type plugs)Back lighting, I used a littlefuse "add a circuit" on Fuse 5 (illumination circuit) This allows them to dim with the dash.HTHHag

• Owner

There are 2 factory plugs in the manifold just above the lift pump. IIRC one is 1/2" NPT and the other is 3/4"NPT. That is where I connected the boost gauge. (the plugs are hex type plugs)

Back lighting, I used a littlefuse "add a circuit" on Fuse 5 (illumination circuit) This allows them to dim with the dash.

HTH

Hag

Actually only a 3/4" NPT plug is the boost the 1/2" is coolant.

Posted Image

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...