• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need HO VP and CR engine numbers

ISX

I'm finding some conflicting data throughout the net and basically I need the engine number from the data plate on the side of the block for a 2nd gen 24V HO engine (already got SO number) and for any 3rd gen engine. Maybe even a 6.7 but I don't think anyone here has one. If anyone could help me with this then I would appreciate it and do anything you wanted.

Well I wasn't able to find as much as I wanted, quickserve likes to leave stuff blank. But you guys do have me wanting to do something else. Eh let me whip it up real quick and maybe you guys can help with criteria to add. I haven't really seen a big list comparing all of them, just lists for each one. I think a huge master list would be neat so here it is so far, the info may or may not be right, I just threw up stuff so you all can give input on criteria.

Posted Image

• Staff

2005, 2006, 2007 (5.9)325hp @ 2900610 ft/lbs @ 16003200 redlineHE351CW turbo9cm undivided housingCP3 pump2004.5 is the same, but 600 ft/lbs at 16002003-2004HP235 @2900 (Cali)250 @ 2900 (SO)305 @ 2900 (HO)Torque460 @ 1400 (SO/Cali)555 @ 1400 (HO)3200 redlineHE341 (HY35W Type D)9cm undivided housingCP3 pump

• Like 1

Ah perfect. I'm having issues with the VP trucks. According to this and this I can't figure out exactly where the HY came in. Everyone says it was the auto trucks in 00 or 01 but that seems to say otherwise. I don't know if anyone is absolutely sure but I would love to know for sure.

Currently...:

Posted Image

ISX, your info is correct for the '99 model year. My manual tranny '99 was a 235HP and 460ft.lbs. truck. As I said prior, my '04.5 is a 325HP and 600ft.lbs. truck.

It's the HY turbo years I'm having issues with. dodgeram.org says the HY REPLACED the HX in 2000 and goes on to say it was used for the 2001 auto's and 5 spds. It says the HX was used in the HO. It mentions nothing on any changes about that for 2002 but I know Mike has an 02 5 spd and an HX so somewhere there is something fishy. I am assuming in 2000 the autos got the HY and kept it till the end of the ISB and the 5-6spds kept the HX. But I'm not sure, need more electoral votes.

It's the HY turbo years I'm having issues with. dodgeram.org says the HY REPLACED the HX in 2000 and goes on to say it was used for the 2001 auto's and 5 spds. It says the HX was used in the HO. It mentions nothing on any changes about that for 2002 but I know Mike has an 02 5 spd and an HX so somewhere there is something fishy. I am assuming in 2000 the autos got the HY and kept it till the end of the ISB and the 5-6spds kept the HX. But I'm not sure, need more electoral votes.

AH64ID said I was incorrect, but I could swear that the 610ft.lbs. versions of the CR Cummins didn't happen until the '06 model year. I dunno............... but as you said yesterday; it's my fault that the present person occupying the White House got re-elected!!!!!!:duh::nono:

AH64ID said I was incorrect, but I could swear that the 610ft.lbs. versions of the CR Cummins didn't happen until the '06 model year. I dunno............... but as you said yesterday; it's my fault that the present person occupying the White House got re-elected!!!!!!:duh::nono:

Well I can find a lot more info on the CR's than the ISB so whatever the specs may be they won't be hard to find.

:lmao: Illinois has been blue since 1992 so I think you were already doomed. I uh, made a spreadsheet of it all last night lol. States are on both sides because I'm too stupid to trace all the way across without skipping rows :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Alright here's what I got now. If it's not on here, I got conflicting data so I can't fill it in... That also includes all the 6.7 crap. The chassis started at 305/610 but the regular trucks had some derating for the manuals and once again I have websites with missing info on when exactly the derating ended or what. Plus I don't know anything else about them (turbo, etc.). Oh and thanks for the help AH64! Took care of the CR section like nothing :hyper:

Posted Image