• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No more leaky injectors after a filter change

I got some pieces from Eric @ Vulcan and they worked out great. Anytime I open the fuel system I have to bleed the injectors and then have leaky connections for a few days. I got a ball valve and a few other parts to keep the pressure in the pump.

Parts list part #

2: 1/2 push lock x 1/2 mnpt pom188

1: 1/8" mpt half union 31482

1: 1/4" sae cap 31992

1: 3/8" npt ball valve 06vlv

1: push lock T 1/2" aluminum plt8

He said a few parts werent listed on his site. I changed all my fuel line today and closed the valve off. When I got done I bumped the starter and bleed the air out, opened the valve and fired it up. So nice to not have leaky injectors.

Posted Image

post-10176-13869819349_thumb.jpg

post-10176-138698193502_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Very timely post.Just fired my truck up today after installing my new RV275 injectors, Big Line Kit, and Isspro fuel gauge. Everything went well, but noticed a little fuel leakage at both ends of the Big Line kit. From your post, can I assume these are "the leaky connections" that will clear up in a few days?

No leaking at the lines to crossover tubes.On the lower end (VP side) seems to coming from the pushlock. I did not use any sealant there, as the directions only said to heat the hose and lube the barbs to aid in install. Not leaking alot. No visual dripping, but when I was checking things by feel my hand came away with diesel on it.Upper side it was coming from the needle valve fitting. That (I was hoping) was just due to the Permatex thread sealant I used not being dry yet. On initial install I snugged those fittings down then backed them off to a convenient orientation, may have to change that. 50 mile round trip to work today, will see how things go.

did you guys also buy the down straw kit with the big line kits for the fuel tank. It was very easy to install and worth the time. It is amazing the amount of fuel it can dump of the ground when your wife turn of the life pump manual switch and you have the line off the VP. http://www.vulcanperformance.com/category-s/220.htm They allow you to have a couple 1/2 in system when you are done they move a amazing amount of fuel.

I have 3/8 lines from the tank to the fass and from the fass to the filter housing. I dont think 1/2 was available in 2006 when my fass was purchased but those 3/8 lines will move the fuel too. When we first installed the fass the pump was primed with the line off for some reason and fueu went everywhere. I didnt use any lube on the push lock fittings but I would tighten the needle valve back to where you had it originally or maybe even a little more to get it easy to reach.