• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

VE 12 Valve going in my 99' got some questions..

so I just picked up a 90' VE pumped 12 valve motor for $1500. Im going to swap out my 24 valve with this motor :thumb1:.few reasons, miledge, relyabilty, and next to no electronics!I know its a direct swap, Im just hoping there is a way to retain my factory gauges? Also has any body seen this done to our body style yet?and what are your guys' thoughts? dont knock me to to bad! Im just sick of these constant codes, poor miledge, constantly worrying about my fuel pressure, and how everything is sooo expensive for these motors!

Is your 24V/VP44 junk? How about converting the 24 valve to the VE pump? Might it be an easier conversion?

No not a thing is wrong with my truck, just sick of the sh***y mpg, codes, and the hundreds of problems our trucks have. putting a VE in my truck would make it the perfect/reliablist truck and would get waaay waaay better miledge! The only thing I dont like is having to use my old harness and ECM for my gauges to work. but Ill make it really clean and out of the way ( my trucks wiring was a complete mess ) also im still not sure on how my tach is going to work :banghead: if I dont like this swap i can always install my old motor/setup back in. but if it does go in it WILL be getting a P-pump before it even toches the motor mounts

As for keeping the stock gauges might be a bit tricky being you got to keep the ECM. So you would have to rig the ECM back on the 12V and use its sensors to report the data back to the instrument cluster over the CCD network. At this rate you still stuck with all the electronics just short a VP44. :rolleyes:

Hey buddy, Do you know how the tach runs on our trucks? when I do this swap swap and use my ECM for gauges Everything should work from the research ive done. But havent figured out how our tachs works, do the read of the VP44? or are the run off alternator? please help me out if you know!

Will your edge comp box work with the VE pump?

No sir :cry: all the chip does is steal the signal before it gets to the VP44 and changes timing/fuel rate. when i install this 12V into my truck the only wiring im going to have is for my gauges, and a power wire my ignition to the FSS ( fuel shut-off solenoid ) so no more chip, motor will be full mechanical. REAL RAW all the time horse power! not reyling on a chip for power!!

No sir :cry: all the chip does is steal the signal before it gets to the VP44 and changes timing/fuel rate. when i install this 12V into my truck the only wiring im going to have is for my gauges, and a power wire my ignition to the FSS ( fuel shut-off solenoid ) so no more chip, motor will be full mechanical. REAL RAW all the time horse power! not reyling on a chip for power!!

Aw, nice. Real power is always better than fake power.
  • Like 1

What is your pcm going to do when it can't 'talk' to the vp44?:shrug: Or is it 'ecm' only?Im going the other direction with my swap... putting a 98 engine, 2002 nv5600, in my '94. All wiring, computer, and dash will stay with the engine.LOL, when I am done, about the only thing that is 1994 will be the ViN!