• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Synthetic for diff 's?

Don't always believe what you read. The clutch type limited slips do not like full synthetics without friction modifier. I had this go round years back and talked with both eaton and amsoil tech departments back and forth and it came down to the fact that the clutch disc manufacturers have not kept up with the rest of the industry in regaurds to designing clutch material that works well with full synthetic oil without the need for additives and even some syn oils even with modifiers will still cause thew discs to chatter. For example the amsoil severe gear brand lubes always resulted in chatter even with double dose of modifier and the regular amsoil gear lubes did not, it all comes down to the additives in the oil.I would still not reccomend a 140 oil in the North country unless it pulls 20K+ loads all day everyday.:wink:

It isn't going to hurt anything without it like I said you may develop a chatter while cornering. 75w140 isn't going to hurt a thing at all either just saying its just overkill for your needs.If its what tickles your fancy and pocket book just go with it, sounds like you already had your mind set on it.