• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

MPG fooler question

Hi all. So I just completed a 4 switch and resistor build for high idle and combined winter mpg fooler but I had a question as to the resistance on that.I'm using a 2.2k ohm resistor to get a reading of 143*F through the IAT. Obviously I want the highest reading I can get and still save the advanced timing from my edge comp. What got me thinking is even in the summer I never saw a reading quite that high, I saw 130's plenty of times but never more than that. Is 143 too high and the vp is going to retard timing to prevent problems that it thinks are coming therefore taking away the gains I am trying to get here. I'm having a really hard time being able to tell if I'm actually getting better mileage with the fooler on vs just the truck up to temp and the IAT reading ~100*Has anyone done any experimenting to see if a slightly different value would be more beneficial and if I should change out the resistor so that the fooler is reading 130 or so.Any help is certainly appreciated

Yes, I was building the rotary switch with different resistors but it hasn't made it from the bench to the truck. I was going leave the toggle down for stock, up for fooler... as it is now... but have the fooler selectable with preset values by different resistors. Some others had rheostat but used scan guage to adjust the value (I don't have scan guage).