• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My headlights are afflicted..

So, my driver's side headlight is ok. well, as good as expected from the non-sport housings..

My passenger's side headlight, however, is PERFECT...

... for coon hunting, or anything else that is NOT on the road in front of you.

It shines light everywhere but on the street.. It's not a dull lens, it's not out of alignment (per little headlight aligner dooka-ma-hitchie at the service joint..

It just refracts light, completely oblivious to anything resembling 'focused'.

I'm gonna go out on a limb, and try swapping bulbs left/right to see if that does anything (doubtful) but it totally sucks to drive in the dark hours..

I'll try to get a picture tonight of the light pattern, so y'all can see I'm not completely crazy..

Bear with me for a second. Light from your filament, no matter how high or low tech it is... must hit the reflector & go out through the lens. If the bulb is out of spec... filament not positioned right in relation to the base where it aligns... then the light source will be positioned wrong & the light output will be aimed wrong. So I think you are on the right track. The bulb is out of spec for some reason. Either a defective bulb (just because it lights does not mean it's positioned correctly) or a improper mounting.

OK sorry but my tractor is in front on the truck. But, on the left, you can see the drivers head light's beam clearly. The right one, however, is all over the freaking place. The bulb is seated in the housing and lock ring is in place. I couldn't get my fat hand in there to pull the bulb though..[ATTACH]4764[/ATTACH] The truck is about 15-20' from the garage door. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

post-10339-138698194673_thumb.jpg

Mike has a good point. I haven't needed to in a while but I used to run off road lights & the state inspectors would often frig them up trying to use a tool to adjust. I used the brick wall at the school yard, a yardstick & a coat or something to cover them. I measured the center of the light & backed up. The low beams should focus below the lamp center (I forget the distance). In other words, low beams need to be aimed slightly down. The aiming proceedure is still the same. Shine each beam on a wall & be sure it focuses. Then cover one at a time & adjust the other.

So I just went outside (I'm at work) for a short smoke break, and decided I'd take a peek at the headlight..Turns out (hopefully it's now fixed) that the moronic previous owner put the headlight bulb in wrong..I turned the lock collar and it wasn't "locked" in place. But it was kinda stuck to the bulb, so I pulled the bulb out, too..Looking at it (I wish I had my phone with me so I could've taken a picture, but he has the collar on backwards, and the bulb was forced into the housing. After about 5 minutes of fighting to separate the collar and bulb, I finally got it apart, and got the bulb back into the housing correctly. Then I had to use a pocket knife and fix a couple of plastic burrs on the collar to get it to seat properly.It's now all back together, so I'll check it out tonight, when it gets dark.:banghead:Just another FUBAR with this truck and it's previous owner's lack of know-how...

• Like 1