• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1st a question and then a venting ...

anoldbiker

Does anyone know how to take a CD that is stuck in an am/fm/cd player out that is in a 2004 Nissan Frontier XE King Cab ? I have tried the disconnect battery to reset and it doesn't work. I tried the inserting a business card to trick the player that it's an original CD and that doesn't work. And ideas to remove it without taking it to the dealer ?Please let me vent now:Last friday I was in a left turn lane waiting for the light to green and when it did, it appeared to be safe, so I started my left turn when a nice young lady in her 20's, I guess, thought my spare little pickup needed a body modification. I will say she did a great job. Never thought the front left section of a truck could curve that much. Also, the wheel now bows in a polite manner when you look at it. Looks like the frame is bent. On top of that, I guess she had so much to do in life, she couldn't find time to get a drivers license or insurance. But, thank God, she did have enough time to get car seats and put her two small children in them. She seemed upset a bit when I call the 911 and reported an accident, since it was in the middle of a very busy intersection that now had very long lines of traffic with upset people wanting to get around us. (funny no one stop to ask if someone was hurt or if they need to call 911) Heck, her kids were screaming louder than all the cars racing by. I was surprised the cops were there that fast. About 2 minutes. Must have been at a local coffee shop and leaving the parking lot. Kids seemed ok, but the cops sent them to the hospital to be checked since the oldest was 2 and the youngest was about 6 months.Now I have to wait for the police report to find out who actually owns the vehicle she drove and if it's insured or not. I guess it's to hard now a days for some people to:1. Get drivers license2. Get insurance3. Maintain vehicle properly4. Then DRIVE RESPONSIBLYAll in all, not knowing how long this will take with the insurance company, I happen to find and bought another spare little truck. 2004 Nissan Frontier 4x4 6 cyl 5 speed King Cab. And the only thing that is wrong is a 'CD stuck in the player' that I can't get out.Thanks for any info I can get ...... and for letting me vent. (Still trying to quench this urge to hit something with my fist. Hopefully it will subside soon).

• Owner

Ah...I've got a wonderful Kenwood deck in my truck but the rollers for the CD eject tend to get dusty at time and then quit ejecting the disc. So what I do is typically try ejecting to see if I can see the edge of the disc and either grab it will needle nose pilers or another disc and lightly press downward to aid the roller.Now to clean this mess up is fairly easy. Take a old CD (damaged one) and wrap a single layer of a tee shirt or thin cloth over the disc now moisten the cloth with rubbing alcohol and the lightly insert the disc to the player allowing the roller to try and grab the disc covered cloth. Don't let the disc to be sucked in. But get the rollers cleaned up so they can push / pull the disc. So check you cloth for dirt and keep going to clean. Now you should have a working eject. :wink:

Ive used that computer duster stuff in an aerosol can (sorry I dont know the correct name) it is safe for electronics and is pressurized. Works very well to blow the dust out...What truck did this happen to? I actually upped my insurance 2 years ago for this very same reason. My wife had taken my truck to move a couch for her sister, was sitting at an intersection at a stop sign and some bafoon plowed into her from behind ina little car. Luckily, I had my trailer hooked up the day before and I still had my ball in the receiver. That was what he hit and it destroyed the front end of the car and punctured his radiator. The guy obviously wasnt insured, or maybe he had something else to hide, and backed up and drove right around the wife through the intersection almost causing a big wreck. Luckily there was no damage to the truck but it got me to thinking what would happen if it did....Its a shame we are forced to prepare for other peoples ignorance and lack of responsibility...

Mike,

tweezers don't work, their to smooth. Going to see if I can buy a very narrow and long needle nose pliers next time I go to the store.

diesel4life,

the old truck was an old Mazda that was a small parts runner for local use. This way I stay away from the wife's truck and I don't mess with my Dodge (my wife calls her my mistress). And if one of my kids needed a vehicle when we lived near then, that was their part time free rental. Thus leaving mama's and my trucks alone. Nothing was wrong with it until the girl folded the front end. AND THE CD WORKED GREAT !

The new one is a 2004 Nissan Frontier XE King Cab, v-6, 5speed, 4x4, and lot's of internal toys. Runs great, looks clean and will be used as the small parts runner. Don't need the CD, but I'm old and favor my old time music of the 50's, 60's and 70's. On the Mazda and this one, plenty of insurance.

Just a little pi**ed that others are to cheap to insure their cars or maintain a license.

• Like 1

Insurance agent just call today with a bit of news that made me laugh.Seems my agent called the lady to get some info about the accident and when asked of insurance, she said she has and gave an agency name and number. He didn't say he had a copy of the police report and they stated she has a suspended license and no insurance.So he call to discuss this with the agent and found out the husband was there and the policy was issued, dated the day of the accident, but timed at 2:25 pm. (the police report stated the 911 call was timed at 1:53 pm and they arrived at 1:57 pm since they were just down the street) Seems when she called her husband about the accident and they took the wife and kids to the hospital, he was so concerned, he raced to an agent for a policy. Their agent was checking the computer while talking to my agent and said the guy must of called minutes after he had a policy and reported an accident and filed a claim about 3:00 pm. Maybe it's just me, but this is going to be interesting .....

My agent told me he gave him a copy of the police report. The agent was due one since he was covering them and they turned a claim in. And my agent said he would let him look it over and and decide himself. Looks like I would be using the uninsured coverage portion in my insurance for me and they will have to battle it out. It just gets me that you can't have something nice, because someone 'has' to mess it up. Thank God it wasn't my Dodge.

Being in the wrecker business! I see a lot of accidents, and hear horror stories of no insurance or lack of insurance. I highly recommend that you carry uninsured as well as underinsured insurance. Friend was involved in an accident, she had a 11 Toyota 4runner that was totalled in the accident, the person that hit her only had a maximum payout of 25000$,but bc she had underinsured insurance her insurance company had to kick in and pay off her vehicle! I carry 300,000 600,000 300,000 thousand dollar liability insurance on my personal vehicles and million, 3 million, million dollar liability insurance on my commercial vehicles! I always say I rather be caught with my pants up and not down! Haha:DSent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1