• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

AirDog Check Ball

After reading Mikes thread about the ball getting stuck to the spring I figured I'd check mine today.yep the ball was pushed into the end of the spring bit. back up to 16 at idle and the lowest I could get it to drop to wot was 13.5.What a mess what do you guys do to keep from losing alot of fuel. I clamped the hoses but it still was a diesel bath. Do they make some shut off valves to put in line with the big line hoses??Luke

I used to have nice bronze twist fuel shutoff valves around. Never thought to install them in the truck. They're common in marine installations for controling tanks. With gas marine engines, I installed them on either side of the fuel separator/filters, for just that purpose.

I used vise grips on the line from the tank and the line out but, the motion lotion kept coming out of the return line fitting. probably lost 2 gallons even with the hoses clamped off. I'm gonna look into some 90 degree ball valves for the 1/2 inch line. I remember last time I changed the filter it was a similar adventure with the fuel coming out all over the place.