• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

VP44 repair locations

If they are not on the Michal's list all ready

Gillett Diesel Service Inc.

14812 South Heritagecrest Way

Bluffdale, UT 84065

http://www.gillettdiesel.com/vp44injectionpump.aspx

Exchange ONLY NO Bosch 815 test bench on site

and

Orange County Diesel, Inc.

17242 Gothard Street, A and B

Huntington Beach, CA 92647

http://www.ocdiesel.com/

Exchange ONLY NO Bosch 815 test bench on site

I have a vp that was given to me some time ago, the guy had attempted to remove the pump on his own without researching how it was done. He didnt know the gear needed to be pulled off with the special little puller, and tried prying it off with big bars. Looks like he maybe even drove wedges in to try to pop the pump loose. He ended up breaking chunks of aluminum off the front of the pump, and ruined his chances of being able to use it as a core. He was going to scrap it along with a bunch of other stuff, my friend happened to be at this fellows house when he was loading up his trailer for a scrap run, and snatched the pump up for me. At first I told himI didnt want it, but after thinking about it a minute changed my mind. I want to tear it apart just to see what theyre all about. More of a curiosity then anything, Ive never seen the internals of one other than on a pdf on the computer.

you mean so you can do a write up on it and maybe post up some pictures? Hmm, sounds like maybe a vp could be getting packaged up and air mailed to Idaho in the near future....I would be willing to temporarily donate it for the benefit of everybody here. Then when your done you could just send it back my way, what do ya think?