• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Codes P0122 P1475

2002 dodge 24V 275000 no blow by I just got the truck a couple months ago. It had an edge juice on it at one time. It was removed before i bought it. Right after i got the truck it started acting up some times it would start other times it wouldnt. I ran some tests and the blue with a red tracer wire to the vp44 had power when trying to start the truck. It shouldnt so i cut it. All was fine and fixed. 2 weeks ago im driving and get dead pedal sometimes it would rev ok then it wouldnt. Put my code reader on it got 1 code p0122. So i replaced the APPS sensor. Ive tested the new APPS and its working perfect. Did not fix the truck. Did the key trick got 2 codes P0122 P1475. Ive tested the wiring harness for shorts and didnt find any. I tried adding a ground to the vp44 harness and wired it direct to the pcm and nothing changed. Ive also test fuel pressure and its good. Im lost!

• Owner

First off I never would suggest adding any grounds or modifying the electrical system at all. :duh: I highly suggest you return all electrical back to stock configuration because there is no need for modifications. As for the error codes. (ECM Problems) http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/59-obdii-error-codes/216-p1475-auxiliary-5-volt-output-too-high (Might be other issues between the APPS and ECM) http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/59-obdii-error-codes/151-p0122-apps-sensor-signal-voltage-too-low

• Owner

I did that with my multi meter at the Apps and at the pcm and it reads good at both places with the key on not running and when it is running it reads good yet the engine still revs erratic sometimes revs slow.

PCM doesn't control the fuelling only the ECM does. You need to see what the ECM for signals not voltage in the line but actual ECM TPS/APPS signal (0-100%). What I'm trying to find out is the ECM actually using the correct data or is there something internally wrong with the ECM and it got random signals going even though the APPS sensor is fine the circuit with the ECM are broke. Like these pictures below I'm wondering if there is a broke solder joint or burnt tracer, etc that is causing you wild throttle problem but of course volt meter on the wire can see inside the ECM but a live data tool can... :whistle:post-2-138698195806_thumb.jpg post-2-138698195813_thumb.jpg