• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well, this morning after changing my fuel filters i was in the process of jumping power from the battery to the plug for my raptor to bleed the air out of the system when i had a brain fart and grabbed the plug for my deleted fuel heater instead. There was a spark and immediately put the CEL on. So i grabbed my smarty and checked the codes...p0222 idle validation...p0113 IAT sensor voltage high p0118 ECT sensor voltage highp0238 MAP sensor highp01693 companion code I figured i just blew those sensors so i went and picked up a new ect,map,and iat sensor and installed them, cleared the codes with my smarty and lo and behold those codes pop back up again. So in desperation i tried leaving my batteries disconnected for an hour with no luck. Is there a relay or something else that i might have fried? or?

• Staff

Man I'm sorry to hear that.... I did something like that.... I hooked up my brand new Raptor fuel pump and couldn't figure out why it did not work :lol:. Confused me to no end for about an hour...I had both leads hooked to the positive.Another time I ruined a 300 dollar charger hooking it up to the battery backwards :spend: I also put 14 gallons of gasoline in my truck before I realized:whistle:

• Owner

ALWAYS disconnect the batteries (both) when working on the electrics. Any kind of short will put a spike in the system and you just found out what the end result can sometimes be. A hint, BEFORE installing the new ECM, disconnect the batteries.

• Like 1