• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

4th gen wheels

Picked these up locally last night for $400. Came off a 2012 with under 10k miles on them. Been looking for a while and have not had any luck locally until these babies showed up on Craigslist on Monday. So after working 13 and a half hours yesterday I jumped in the truck and drove an hour and a half each way. He had someone coming to look at them this morning and I didnt want to chance missing out on them. So my question is can I use my lug nuts on the new wheels? What are you guys with 4th gen wheels using?post-11861-138698196876_thumb.jpg

2nd Gen lug nuts look identical to the 4th Gen but the threads are different. They have the exact same taper and are the same length luckily or the center caps would not fit. After running my 285s so long going back to a factory size tire sure does make the truck look different. I will say the ride is much improved though, you dont feel the road nearly as much as with my Duratracs. My initial plan was to sell the tires and buy something taller but I cant go much taller without going wider. I would like to be able to run a radial in around a 33" or 34" tire but would like to maintain the factory tire width of around 10 inches but I havent been able to find anything like that. So I may just run these and save my Duratracs for the spring when Im out in the sloppy fields.post-11861-138698197415_thumb.jpg

Are you talking about the mud terrain T/A's? I saw those the other day when I was looking around but Im looking to stay with an all season tire my Duratracs still have alot of tread if I need an aggressive tire I can switch back to those but would like to stick with an all season for my 17s

i used my 2ed gen lugs with my 3rd gen wheels. how did your rear center caps fit? i had to take a dremal to the inside of mine to make them fit snug, im assuming this is because rear disk brake axles have different hubs.

I used 3rd gen (same as 2nd) lug nuts and the 4th gen hub caps. They fit fine. The caps only care about the external lug nut profile which hasn't changed even on the 4th gen nuts I have. I tried the 2nd gen center caps on the 4th gen wheels and they looked funny. The 4th gen caps are nicer in fit, finish and appearance. As for how the wheels fit fine with no mods, but as you mentioned, I have disks.

I had some 3rd gen steel wheels with chrome covers, identical to the ones you have and the mounting surface was thinner than the aluminum wheels. The rear caps fit snug but didnt quite fit all the way onto the lugs. They never came off but it was always in the back of my head. I guess the full floating hub stick out further on the dana axles more the the aam.