• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Intake side oil seal leaking on turbo

Well i got my BHAF in today and was putting it on and jsut decided to peak and see if the silencer ring was removed and found that alot more than the silencer ring was MIA. All I could see was a black film of oil. :banghead: I called around here and could get that one rebuilt through work for $800. Started looking around online and found some that were $1100 for an OEM replacement. Called one place and they had their "in house" brand which had the same warranty as the Holset but half the price and I dont have to send mine as a core. I know you pay for what you get sometimes but I had to get the cheaper one and hope it is as good as factory ones:pray:With the expeditied overnight shipping and everything the total was $630.

Just rebuild it. It's probably just one simple seal causing the leak.

It will need a whole new cartridge but since I dont have to send it back as a core I will rebuild it when I get time and have a factory spare put up. I just dont have the time to order parts and fix it myself right now as this is my only means of transportation. I would keep driving it but since I do not know when the leak started or how bad I really dont trust driving on it unless I have to

I order the turbo yesterday around 4 p.m. and paid for overnight shipping and to my surprise it was at my front door at 9:30a.m. I got the new one on and took the silencer ring since it was all ready out on the old and didn't plan on much difference but boy was I wrong. The old one would talk to you a lil with a goo load on it. This new will sing at 8-10 psi. I will give it a few days and then really get a good load on trailer and see how it sounds and decide if I wanna put the ring back in or not. It has made a lil difference performance wise but can't feel much. Once I get it broke in right I will get on it and see if I can feel a difference