• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

99 cummins tach jumping no alt charge

my old pcm stopped working. i sent it in to rebuild i had no bus. it was not rebuildable so i got a different oneput it in and got error codes.PO113 Intake Air Temperature Circuit High InputP0118 Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit High InputP0340 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit MalfunctionP0443 Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit MalfunctionP0505 Idle Control System MalfunctionP1282 Excessive Injection Control Pressureso i started with po340 and replaced cam sensor.no change with new computer my tach jumps, no alt charge, warning lights flicker really fast. and chimes all the time.traced crank wire sensor no shortsother than that it runs fine

alt is controlled by pcm , crank sensor is getting 5 v no shorts to it , alt is not getting any voltage to it checked also no shorts in wire , batteries charged 1 year old

- - - Updated - - -

cleaned all elec connectors on ecm and sensors and alt is new

is their really a evap system on this truck looked every where and still never found it

i have a new crank sensor sitting here wanted to make sure before i used it . it would cost alot to have old one tested then if its bad $75.00 for the new one . also ecm is sending 5v to crank sensor. i unpluged crank sensor and the truck would not start do the sensors read part time or is bad sensor a bad sensor. thought i rulled out ecm because it was sending voltage. ??

• Owner

my old pcm stopped working. i sent it in to rebuild i had no bus. it was not rebuildable so i got a different one put it in and got error codes. PO113 Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/59-obdii-error-codes/149-p0118-engine-coolant-temperature-sensor-voltage-too-high P0118 Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit High Input http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/59-obdii-error-codes/149-p0118-engine-coolant-temperature-sensor-voltage-too-high P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Malfunction ??? P0443 Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Malfunction ??? P0505 Idle Control System Malfunction ??? P1282 Excessive Injection Control Pressure ??? so i started with po340 and replaced cam sensor. no change with new computer my tach jumps, no alt charge, warning lights flicker really fast. and chimes all the time. traced crank wire sensor no shorts other than that it runs fine

I list what I've got for diagnostics but the rest of the code are not common Cummins / Dodge codes at all. So as for the ones with ??? I'm not sure what to tell you maybe your ECM is failing...

took a chance changed crank sensor no change

now trans temp light is on its about 15 degrees out side.

over drive off light is lit and will not switch

every time i erase codes only these codes stay but the rest of them return when i start the truck.

PO113 Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input

http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd...ltage-too-high

P0118 Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit High Input

http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd...ltage-too-high

no i think the pcm is good my concern is the flash and or the model . to many problems that i did not have with the old computer. trying to get a hold of the company that rebuilt this pcm .with the pcm disconected the truck runs fine just no bat charge. the tach works but no other gauges

• 4 weeks later...

got burned on both my ecm and pcm set them in to have rebuilt over a month ago and have not seen or heard anything so i bought a used ecm and a rebuilt pcm which was flashed with my vin and updates . alt charges and trans shifts. and down shifts.problems shifts at about 8 miles an hour and will not shift into overdrive drove 70 mph and no overdrive ,overdrive light turns on and off with switch any ideas have not pulled codes obd plug is fubared try to pull codes tomarrow

- -

midwest auto modules

760 warehouse rd unit e

toledo ohio 43615

before the trans would not upshift unless i dropped it in to neutral and back in to drive but it would shift into od just fine.

or if i stomped on the throttle it would shift just fine

just fixed obd plug got code po234 never had that code before even with the super b single