• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Couple questions about boost and injectors.

I have a 99 quad cab dually, with 5 speed tranny and 3.55 gears. It is basically all stock except for the AirDog II 150. I have Fuel PSI, Boost, and EGT gauges. I currently only see 16 PSI max boost. Is this normal for a stock truck? I have tried searching on the forums, and all I really saw is max numbers of what the turbos and engine can produce and handle. So, can I raise my boost numbers closer to 25 without a boost fooler? Its really not a big deal to me, seeing as how the truck seems to run great, but just curious. Basically, just curious about what I would need to achieve 25 PSI.I was also considering getting some RV275's. Will I notice any gains adding these right now, or do I need a programmer to notice the gains? At this time, I wouldnt be able to afford both, so I would rather not get injectors I cant use until I get the programmer. If a programmer is needed to notice the difference, what would be the best programmer to get? This truck gets drove an average of 10-12 times a month, usually pulling a 7x12 trailer. With the flatbed on it, and such an air gap to the front of the trailer, it sucks the MPGs down.One more questions is about Mike's MPG Fooler. I am not all that great with the wiring, but it looks like you have to tap the IAT and ECT sensors? Is the High Idle Mod required for the MPG Fooler? (<- may be dumb questions, but I dont really understand these) I obviously wont be doing any of the wiring for these, but just some questions for when I have a buddy do the wiring.Thanks in advance for the help,Justin

You do not need to have a aftermarket box to put in RV275's and you will notice the difference. I would do Cold air intake and exhaust B-4 tuner, you will get the most benefit from tuner. Stock boost more or less 20 psi, so you might have a leak or a weak waste gate. Rule of thumb 10 hp = 1 PSI of boost. I wouldn't push to much over 35 psi with stock head bolts. Just my 2cents.

Sounds like you have a boost leak, it should build 22psi before the waste gate opens. You can build a boost tester out of a 4" plumbers boot and 4" pipe cap. [ATTACH]5094[/ATTACH] You can do injectors but until you get the leaks fixed they won't be beneficial.

Great information for future reference on building a boost tester, got all the 4" plumbing parts down in the basement.