• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

thinking of switching to bigger injectors

So I've been thinking of switching injectors and going a little bit bigger to something like ddp 90hp injectors. I currently have stoxk injectors on my truck now (215hp 5x10) with a 145 degree spray from what I understand. Ddp injectors from what I understand are 5x12 at 155 degree spray angle. Is it worth the littlw bit of d difference to switch to the ddp injectors? Is anyone using them? If so how do you like them?

You'll most likely over-fuel that stock HX35. You'll need to tune the AFC and fuel plate to compensate, as well as watch your EGTs like a hawk; they'll climb quickly. HX35/40 hybrid will air better for those 90s, but a better option would be a 62/65/12 (S300). It's a really good all-around turbo. DAP (vendor) has them: http://www.dieselautopower.com/D_tech_turbo_s300_62_65_12_64_65_12_phat_shaft_p/d-tech%2062mm.htm

Rogan- yea that was what I was thinking. Right now my fuel plate is still untouched and I have the star wheel up about 3 turns. I have a 10 plate and a 3gsk for it but am too afraid to put them in with my stock slipping clutch in there.basically I found the injectors on Craigslist locally. They have about 9000 miles on them and I can pick them up for $375 without giving up my stock injectors. That seems like a good deal considering on DDP's website they ask $800 new. I want to get a clutch hopefully in the next 2 weeks and take it from there. But if I can swing the injectors then they can go on the shelf for later use. A for a charger I'm with you something like a d-tech would be a good way to go. But I'm thinking I'm going to go with the super b single. The bigger exhaust housing will keep egts and drive pressure lower, but I know it'll probably come with some lag. I just the 12cm housing with upgrades it would just get to hot to quick. I feel that a14cm housing is a better route for someone like me shooting for 450whp and still be able to hook up a trailer and not have to adjust nothing besides my foot

Just because they are $800 new doesnt mean they are worth it.:whistle: I would be worried that they are what they are supposed to be buying used. You can get a better built set of injectors for just a few dollars more and know exactly what you have. I would definalty do a clutch first though. I am very happy with my Contagious Diesel Injectors but DFI is the in place to geinjectors from right now. http://www.dfi-performance.com/injectors-2/

• 3 months later...