• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Looking for ideas on a custom Cummins powered toy build !

Wild and Free

OK Guys and Gals......Here is my dream.I want to start acruing parts to do a very custom build.What I want........A rig that can do all I like to do.I want to build a Cummins powered rig that I can do several things with. I want a Mud bogger / power puller / rock climbing off road tripping all in one rig. Want it to be a mid/rear of center mounted engine with a low center of gravity chassis. D80 rear D60 front to keep weight down versus rockwell axles.Now here is what I want from all of you..........Give me your ideas on how you would go about it.I am looking for ideas to get my project rolling, it is going to be a several year project to finish and will probably never be a finished project and will always be morphing.Should it be a custom built tube chassis or start with a frame chassis?Let the fun begin.:woot:Anyone with drafting skills more than welcome to help design a chassis to fit a Cummins, thinking of about a 650ish+ hp p-pumped 24V.

I would start with a rock race buggy design and scale it up. Kind of the creature comforts of a pretty runner desert truck on a tube chassis with ram front frame rails with a rock race suspension.

Posted Image

I am not sure if this is the rig but I saw one similar to it in Billings Montana a few years back that was along the same lines as this one that gave me the idea of what I am looking to build, if it is as ugly as this one even better.

He primarily used it as a Mudder but he had slicks on it with a 5 speed tranny and ran the 1/4 mile in the 10 second range and that was while being broke loose and sideways the first 300 feet of the run with smoke rolling off all 4 tires.

Posted Image

I am not sure if this is the rig but I saw one similar to it in Billings Montana a few years back that was along the same lines as this one that gave me the idea of what I am looking to build, if it is as ugly as this one even better.

He primarily used it as a Mudder but he had slicks on it with a 5 speed tranny and ran the 1/4 mile in the 10 second range and that was while being broke loose and sideways the first 300 feet of the run with smoke rolling off all 4 tires.

I don't know if that qualifies as "road trippable" according to most wimminz. :lmao:

Your mileage may vary.

I need to know more about this thing!!!!!!!!!!!! Where did you find it and who built it?

Powerblock TV (Spike) Xtreme 4x4 built it from a kit chassis.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw this guy in action at trucks gone wild at Yankee Lake last year. Video and pictures do this thing NO JUSTICE

that dude... uhm.. is wreckless! LOL

• 4 months later...