• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ScanGauge II problems

i hope they don't try something slick and mail you a "new to you" scangauge...i was talking my wife into one before i seen the problems board members are having...but like you said...if they care about their BBB rating they need to make it right with the customers!

I'm about 99.9% sure it will be a remanufactured unit. Unfortunately, under the terms of their warranty they can do that. I shouldn't have used the term "new" in my last post. I could probably fight that under Massachusetts' Implied warranty law. I would have to look into it. If the rebuilt one works, I'll be okay with it. I still blame myself for not reading the warranty. I would have bought something else if I had. They will only refund your money for the first 30 days after that they repair it. The problem was I bought the ScanGauge to diagnose the no-start problem I was having. By the time I got a VP44 installed, the 30 days was over. I should have used it in my wife's truck during the first 30 days. I usually refuse to buy a product that doesn't have a "new replacement" warranty for at least 90 days. ScanGauge is now sold through some major retailers like Amazon, JC Whitney and Autozone. If someone wants to buy a ScanGauge, they should check the return through those retailers or anyone else who sells them. I don't know if any of the vendor's here sell them and what the return policy is.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully, this will be my last update. ScanGauge sent me a replacement gauge and I got it on Monday. I can't tell if it's new or rebuilt. It came by itself (no cable, instructions...) in a plain card board box. It has worked perfectly so far. My original one didn't show any problems for the first two weeks so hopefully this one wont start showing problems. They sent me a pre-paid label to mail the old one back. When they filled out the information for the label they put their mailing address in Mesa AZ as the mailing and return addresses. There's nothing wrong with that but they never changed the "mailed from" address. So they actually paid to shipping to the same zip code not the 2500 miles it needs to go from MA to AZ. I noticed the mistake but took it to the post office hoping the clerk wouldn't notice. She, of course, noticed immediately and wouldn't accept the box for shipping. The "mailed from" zip code must be the same as the post office you mail the parcel from. So I took it outside the post office and dropped it in one of the blue boxes. Linear Logic will just have to pay COD charges from MA. I wasn't going to pay for return shipping for a second time.

• Owner

I'm of the opinion that back in the day that I bought my SG II the company was still very small still limited to how the sold products now with the increase in sales to bigger places like AutoZone etc... I think they are assembling the product cheaper by other means and now we are seeing the failures in quality control... Like myself when I bought mine I had seen no issues really... Even peope that bought at the same time as me... But now with the increase in sales it getting rather sad to see the problems popping up...

• Owner

Like mine that I bought I bought mine BEFORE the XGauge function... That's how old mine is... But they had a offer to re-program mine and send it back for free with the updated XGauge software so I sent it in... So now you see my time frame of age plus now looking forward to how the increase of sales... It makes sense...:neutral: