• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hello from PA!

tscars777

Hey guys, my names Tristan and Im from central PA! My current project is a 1993 Cummins 12v 5.9 motor that me and my brother are in the process of rebuilding, which I have planned to go into my 01 Ram 1500. So yes, Im taking on the long, frustrating, confusing and expensive engine swap from gas to diesel. Ive been planning on doing this for a couple years now, and ive finally been able to have the time and finances to do so. So, with that being said Im glad to be a new member and I appreciate any help, tips or support in helping my vision come true!

Welcome to the site.My concern is about your plan to put a Cummins engine in a 1500 chassis. "which has the front D60 axle of the 2500 and 3500 maxed out on 4x4 rigs and causes frame flex issues as well". What are you going to do to the chassis and the rest of drive train that will support the weight, power and torque of the Cummins?

That's a great question, and at the moment, I do have the D60's from a donor truck, along with the heavier front suspension and steering off of it as well. Im going to be getting a NV4500 with the fixed 5th gear along with a 241D to go behind it, but at this point were not quite at that bridge yet.

Welcome to the site! The guys that I work with put a cummins in a 1500 a few years back, one of the truck drivers at work owns it now and it gets the crap run out of it. As far as what was done to the truck to support the swap it has a 3/4 ton rear axle and its got the 2500 springs in the front but still has the stock 1500 front axle.

Where at in central pa? I am near state college.

I am about an hour north of Harrisburg, around the Selinsgrove/Sunbury area if you know where that is

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the site! The guys that I work with put a cummins in a 1500 a few years back, one of the truck drivers at work owns it now and it gets the crap run out of it. As far as what was done to the truck to support the swap it has a 3/4 ton rear axle and its got the 2500 springs in the front but still has the stock 1500 front axle.

That's awesome! Ive been lookin online for like swaps being done like mine and I am seeing it being done quite successfully. The one thing im really concerned about is the wiring though as the motor is out of the 1rst gen and its going into an 01 chassis that was a gasser