• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ambient air temp sensor question?

Does anyone know if the ambient air temp sensor has anything to do with the operation of the air conditioning system in our trucks or does it just provide an outside temp for the compass/ outside temp display? Also where is the sensor supposed to be located at? My truck did not come with either of those options but I am putting a/c in it and not sure if I need the sensor or not or if it is already there any info on this would be awesome thanks!

• Owner

1998.5 to 2002 the ECM uses IAT temp primary but not limited to that it can use also the battery temp sensor too which PCM delivers the information over the CCD network. But the sensor ISX shows is only for the overhead display.A/C system doesn't use any external temp sensors other that the low pressure switch which tries to detect freezing temperatures of the A/C system and shut down the compressor if it is occurring.